588,491 active members*
4,223 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Looking for router motor suggestion for photo engaving

Looking for router motor suggestion for photo engaving

I am building an 2'x3' cnc table out of 8020 aluminum. I've ordered the parts for the table and now it's time to start thinking about what router I want to attach to that and how I mount it to a metal plate. I plan to do mostly photo engraving with the machine, but I might do some wood cutting too. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anyone have any suggested bits for photo engraving?

Thanks in advance for any help!

i use a craftsman for mine and i'm quite happy with it , i cut a lot of mdf and aluminum so i look at the fact the dust will eventually destroy the insides and a craftsman is cheap enough it won t kill me to replace it
    for photo engraving i think most people use 60 deg but personally i like a 20 deg v-bit , this is a good source for v-bits http://cnctoybox.com/
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Thanks Dertsap, that helps a lot.

What are common methods for mounting routers to the cnc machine? Is there some standard mount that will work with most routers? If not, do most people fabricate there own mount? I'd rather buy a mount...

most times they are fabricated
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........