587,421 active members*
3,313 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Looking For Someone close to London So We Can Build A Cnc Each
Page 2 of 2 12
    I'm in Texas -- wrong side of the planet. Sorry.

-- Chuck knight

Well, we have 8 cnc builders here down under, that I know about, in a city of 3 million.
    Surely in a city like London with a population exceding 9 million there must be lots of you.

I'm just a four hour journey up the M6, just outside Liverpool - probably not close enough for you. It appears all the UK members are rather well dispersed and probably well disposed too

Mike

ok so its hard to find someone in london well how about close to london, say about 50 miles around london.

i am not asking to much am i, all i want to do is build a cnc router for each or us and that will help keep things cheaper buy buying more stuff.
    anyway i am going to build one anyway, with no experience at all apart from i learn on this great site.

i have purchased a small cnc router to help make bigger parts for the bigger cnc but still i have to learn how to use that one, again no experience at all.

thanks for looking people
    chris

i am still trying to find someone so we can make a cnc router and help each other with it.

why is it so hard to find someone, surely your not that hard to find out there.
    so come on people email me.
    thanks
    chris

I think 500 seems very expensive for this design. Are you sure you wouldn't be better off investing in a set of ball screws and motors instead?

Hello Chris69randy, where in London do you live?

Happytriger2000

hi mate

i live in kentish town nw5, i see your in the uk somewhere, are you in london.

i am just about to order the aluminum extursions to make a 5ftx3ft machine, i see you are quiet well trained on this type of thing.
    i must warn you i am not, but would love to gain some skills from you.

i do have good diy skills and quiet a lot of tools and have managed to find loads of cheap placed to but parts from but not the electronics.
    but i am still looking on ebay for cheap stuff and linear rails.

thanks
    chris

Hello Chris69randy, I live in Harrow, North west of London....at the moment Im not in UK, Im on holiday in Asia.
    If you have any question on electronics, you can post a thread?...Im not an expert in electronics, but Im wiling to help as much as I can.

Happytriger2000

London

Hi Chris,
    Well I'm in London (Nr Hammersmith), and building a CNC machine.
    I'm a whizz with software, not bad with electronics, and learning fast with the actual building stuff. I'm building my first little CNC machine, and it's going nicely so far, just been welding up some of the frame this evening.

I'm working on the XYZ mechanics first, then will add the steppers, then the electronics, microcontroller, then I'll write the PC software, etc. (I've done most of that stuff before, apart from the stepper drivers).
    That way it gets easier as it goes along (for me anyway).

Plans for my lil' CNC machine: cutting PCB's, props, turbines, and building a larger CNC machine.

I've got a bad drill press, a good mig welder, and all the usual hand tools.

I can do the software, interfacing, electronics and steppers... what can you do? If you have a metal lathe or a plasma cutter the answer is obvious

Page 2 of 2 12