587,086 active members*
3,017 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Looping twin turret programs

Looping twin turret programs

Hi all
    Does anyone know how to loop a program when using both turrets and sequencing P-Codes?
    I am turning some small axles on our okuma lu15-wm with osp7000l controller using both turrets and after the bar pull i am trying to loop back to the start with a GOTO N--- command but it is alarming when it reads the sequencing P codes at the start of the programs (G13+G14).

Is there another way to do this?

Thanks
    anyfish

Anyfish,
    You need to cancel the P codes. Insert M100 before the GOTO lines and then insert P-1
    at the beginning of each turrets program. Haven't needed it before, but you might need to insert M100's after the P-1 lines.

Rick

G13
    NSTRA G50 S2000 P-1
    CUTTING PROGRAM
    M100
    GOTO NSTRTA
    G14
    NSTRB G50 S2000 P-1
    CUTTING PROGRAM
    M100
    GOTO NSTRTB
    NEND M30 OR M2

Thanks mate
    do you know if i can still sequance the cutting on the turrets somehow?

Also will the M100 make the machine alarm at the M03S----G96 line?

Anyfish

Yes, you can sequence the turrets any way you need to with the P codes. P-1 just resets the P code counter. M100 is a waiting code. In other words, if B turret finishes cutting first, the M100 will hold/stop B turret from doing anything until A turret finishes and see's the corresponding M100. Both turrets will then continue. Hope this makes some kind of sense.
    The M100 shouldn't affect the G96 line, but without seeing your code I can't be sure.

Rick

You also may want to consider using the schedule program function on the machine. That way you don't screw up the mac man data, cycle time calculation, and other high end functions such as load monitoring, tool life management, and alarm "C" will be able to stop the machine properly.

Just use the SP Select instead of P Select and write a program like this:

PSELECT XT7100-3R.MIN,,XT7100-3R.MIN,Q9999
    END

The Q value is the number of parts you want to run before stopping, so you also get the ability to count parts.

If you want you can call up different part #'s and run them in order, just add more lines with different part #'s and away you go.

Very powerful and often overlooked feature on the machine, but that's the way it's designed to run rather than the GOTO statement.

Either way will work and yes, a negative in front of the P code will reset the counter.

Best regards,

Like OkumaWiz is saying, schedule program is what you need, no goto, just put M30 at end and create "PSELECT XT7100-3R.MIN,,XT7100-3R.MIN,Q9999
    END" in schedule..
    Im wondering if mine is "PSELECT XT7100.3R.min....Q00020" Can't remember
    I use to run around 20-30 items before checking tools and measure parts, depends what im doing.

if I remember correctly, schedule program select is SS
    PS is part program selection . The soft key there is also, maybe "extend" once.

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    if I remember correctly, schedule program select is SS
    PS is part program selection . The soft key there is also, maybe "extend" once.
    Well the way i do it schedule is main program, so the program would be part program I think i know i use "PSELECT". I don't make much attention to it, i just edit the program line in it and push start

You need to call schedule program on automatic mode for execution. Schedule program calls part programs and makes other manipulations.
    In auto mode You need to SS instead of PS to call program.

I will double check next time i use the machine

Hi all
    Thanks for the help i am about to go try the reseting p code function.
    Will keep you posted
    anyfish

I had alook at how im doing it.
    First i load the main program, then schedule, schedule program looks like this.
    PSELECT Part.MIN,,,Q&00030 END.