588,156 active members*
5,092 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > LU-15 OSP5020 M-Tool machining

LU-15 OSP5020 M-Tool machining

I've been machining a hex on a part and the size is comming out too big. It's a .625 across flats hex and it will mic .654, even though I've entered into 'IGF'
    the current end mill size. I'm M-machining with a .500 end mill, tried to indicate to center the turret(can't get it very close in XA direction, but up and down I've indicated it in). It's Face generated milling, and the only way I've got the size right is by trial(I call it a .484 end mill) By the way it only appears to cut on centerline, no matter if I select cutter comp right or left, now it will draw/test fine within IGF, but when in Auto mode it is still on center line, is this an option ? to be able to use cutter comp with the M-Spindle? I've set the parameters to output the cutter offset.
    Just would like to know if any one with more experience with Okuma's knows why the size of the hex is so far off from programed path.

Thanks

Have you checked your X zero to make sure the zero point of your toolholder is matched to the centerline of the spindle? Also, check your G17 and G41/42 depending on direction of cut. Can you post the section of code in question?

I would think that if your using your "A" turret and you you cant get it dialed in close, therin lyes the problem. Do you ever have problems drilling small holes on center? I would try dialing in the tool itself first then move on to the holders and the turret itself from there. Robert

sounds like it isn't picking up cutter comp. Check g141/142 in program & make sure you have an offset value entered in the offset page