587,834 active members*
3,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach keeps resetting

Hope you can help.

After about an hour of use when I select Cycle Start (even before machine moves) Mach2 triggers a RESET and then after the program has finished it then triggers another reset. This only seems to happen after the program has been run for awhile.

Any ideas...

Frans

Frans is this the demo version or full version. The demo is limited to 1000 lines of code but I can't remember if it gives a reset fault or not.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

I'd recommend to use the optimisation instructions provided by the creator of Mach posted on the artofcnc website under Optimisation File It slims the processes down and if it's on an old install of the OS then i'd recommend to reinstall after wiping the HDD and go with the reduced processes/startup programs etc (Mach has been running perfectly for me...Although maybe the demo version should have 20.000 lines of code executable lol...jk) hth as i've no idea whether it would throw up an error if it was configured incorrectly....
    Keith

Guys..

I have done the Optimisation routine awhile back so I don't think it is an issue with the computer.... It happens even on a few lines of code...

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog
    Hope you can help.

After about an hour of use when I select Cycle Start (even before machine moves) Mach2 triggers a RESET and then after the program has finished it then triggers another reset. This only seems to happen after the program has been run for awhile.

Any ideas...

Frans
    Hmmm how hot is the pc? If it's overheating ie "after about an hour of use" or I may be reading your post wrong... By reset do you mean ER Emergency Reset?
    Keith

Kipper..

I don't think the computer is running hot...

Yes Emergency Reset...... only at the start of the program and at the end....

Dunno then :shrug: never had it so not had to cure it...Sorry only thing I can think of is the limits/home signals.
    Keith

Try increasing the input debounce (Config/logic) to something like 1000 from the default 10 and see if the problems goes away. The e-stop line or a limit (if you have them set) may be getting a short glitch and resetting the program. Also disable any home or limit signal you are not specifically using. Sometimes as things heat up they can get more noisy (I know I do (:-))