588,002 active members*
3,184 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

machine torch holder

Greetings, does anyone have a good source for a ready made torch holder. The standard 1 3/8 with 32 pitch, like the type on the Bug-o track welder. I realize this is a simple thing to make, but it might be worth it to me to buy as I have a great deal of simple things to make ahead of me. Any manufacturer would be fine I am looking for a vendor, or if anyone has one to sell.
    Cheers, Erick Davidson

check out mine at http://www.ubcustom.com/cnc/index.php?img=140

i got these from www.aa-mfg.com, they are pretty cheap like 10 bux each.

bought em at 1.25 dia and had em bored to 1-3/8. that only cost me like 10 bux each.

hope this helps.

I appreciate the idea, however I can not seem to find them on the link you provided. Do you remember what they were called?
    Cheers, Erick Davidson

http://www.aa-mfg.com/pdshop/shop/item.asp?itemid=809

hope this helps?
    They are pretty beefy and quite a steal for the amount of alumium you are getting and its already machined!

Erik

are u looking for something that u can move up and down with the track? if so we just built z axis so we arent going to use those tracks.. just clamp it on like tube clamp..

Greetings, thanks, energyforce! I don't know why I could not locate it, I perused that website for half an hour. I had originally thought a ready made one with track would be easier to find for less than $150, but that hasn't been the case.

I have a 9 1/2 inch travel Z axis already and have the MP1000 for THC, so this would be great. I plan to mount these to a backplate that I attach to the Z axis with nylon screws like the Mitsubishi lasers at my work in case of a crash.

Does anyone have a cost effective solution head mounted laser locator to help square up sheets on the plasma table? I like DynaTorch's laser locator, but as cheap as laser pointers are today, I thought something perhaps for another application could be modified.

Thanks again, cheers!
    Erick Davidson