588,152 active members*
4,825 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > PhotoVCarve and VCarve Pro > Marvels of Vectric VCarve Pro- Free Interior Decoration master Pieces
Page 2 of 3 123
    A couple of days ago i designed and carved a table. The material of the table is MDF. I used 12.7 mm 60Degree tool with 80IPM..Total time of carving and cutting took 2.5Hr's..
    MDF is 12.5mm thick. It looks beautiful, but i still have to stain it and give the colour of wood

Vector art designing and adjustment done by my wife and the rest of the table and its dimensions and style of legs were created by me... VCarve Pro 4.6 used for carving toolpath generation and Mach Quantum used as a controller software.

Detailed pictures can be seen here in following link.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...363#post480363
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.jpg   2.jpg   7.jpg   5.jpg  

Another nice project you did Khalid.

I have made a few end tables and a coffee table out of MDF, nothing with a nice design like yours.

I was pleasantly surprised how much abuse the MDF can take and still look good. If you “round” the outer edge of the table it will take a pretty good “whack” and not “dent” as easily as a 90 deg angle.

Thanks lovebugjunkie..I will follow ur advice
    The painter stain the scenery i previously posted and gave it a good matching texture of Pine Wood...Now Who says its MDF
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

Khalid,

Great work!

That Pine texture is really detailed.

You sure thats MDF?

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Kahlid

Very Nice tray. Very simple and elegant.

When I pulled the tray into VCarve, I found a partial double line in one of the stands in the long pocket. I also softened the hearts and centered them in the end. If you notice that I also welded the horizontal pocket and the vertical pocket eliminating two radius (spelling?) that would need to be cleaned up.

All this said, I simply made a few machining changes to a very simple and elegant design. I hope you don't mind and I am posting the new file along with this message. I have used Vectric products since very early betas and like you I find it easy and full featured.

John Forney
    Attached Files Attached Files

JKForney..thanks for posting and modification..I am very happy today....I will be glad if you carve the tray and show us here...

I am attaching the table file..Hope you will all like it and comments on it...I will happy if someone modify the file and make it better and post it here...

Guess the password...or just PM me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tabletop toolpath.jpg   total.jpg   simu.JPG   simulation.JPG  

The password for the above zip file is 'khattak'

Just noticed that I changed the orientation and didn't change the toolpaths. Here is the latest version. I am also considering rabbeting the sides to fit into a groove in the tray portion. If anyone is interested I will post that file when I get to it.

John Forney

Thanks John Forney for sharing the modified version..can you please share the pictures if you built one..

Following is the picture of my current work going on a sitting bench 5ft x 2' x 1.5'...you can see details in following link

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...666#post484666
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6.jpg   7.jpg   carving toolpath.jpg   simulation carving.jpg  

Khalid

You and your wife are truely artists. Those designs are fantastic. Keep them coming

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeard52 View Post
    Khalid

You and your wife are truely artists. Those designs are fantastic. Keep them coming

Bob
    Thank you Bob for such a nice words...I will keep them coming until you bore and say me to stop

Today i continued my work and made some panels for sitting box...The details can be seen in following thread:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...=39588&page=19
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.JPG   7.JPG  

Couple of days ago, i recieved my assembled chest bench...The details can be seen in following thread:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...=39588&page=23
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  

That is a beautiful chest. Your great grandchildren will be fighting over who gets it years from now. You are doing very nice work. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by DougO View Post
    That is a beautiful chest. Your great grandchildren will be fighting over who gets it years from now. You are doing very nice work. Keep it up.
    Dougo...Thanks for appreciations and kind words...:rainfro:

Very nice Khalid. I'll book mark and come back and try them when I get a little time.

Thanks!

No problem Kzey
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Khalid

Had not seen you in some time, welcome back from whereever you were.
    Looking forwared to seeing somemore of your great work.

Question about what can be posted here.

Hello,
    Thank you all for the cool project ideas! I recently created a wooden desk clock that was based on the plans from Wood Magazine (November 2008 Issue I think) would it be OK to pose the Aspire files that I created for this project or would that be a violation?

regards,
    BoorT

Page 2 of 3 123