587,362 active members*
3,616 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mastercam neck pocket toolpath

I am having some troubles getting a strat neck pocket toolpath going. I know this should be SIMPLE, all the other pockets are fine .. I have the 4 screw holes for the neck in the pocket and its screwing me up I think, its not cutting the entire neck pocket its cutting around the inside neck pocket area of the screw holes but not around them. If that made any sense.

I guess I could just not use the screw holes but it would be nice to have them done on the mill and not by hand afterwords.

If anyone used mastercam and is willing to help me out I will email you the file I am working with.

I had the same problem and my workaround was to eliminate the holes in the neck cavity and carve the surface. Then I do a drill toolpath at the hole locations to drill the necessary holes.

thats exactly what I ended up doing.

I have had the same problem. Could not find a way around this issue and I got frustrated, so one way I got around this was to export multiple "models" out of Solidworks to Mastercam. I would label them neck pocket without holes and neck pocket with holes. So I just chose the neck pocket in the first file and cut it, and then chose just the screw holes in the other file. So basically the first program cuts the neck pocket and the second just cuts the holes. As long as you dont move your stock, it works fine. Does that make sense? The joys of learning as you go!

Wayja