588,201 active members*
4,401 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mastercam X MACH 3 POST - Bridgeport Series 1 CNC (was BOSS5)

ok, I think i need a post processor for MAstercam X for MACH3.

I have a bridgeport Series 1 CNC Boss5 machine that I converted to run from a BOB Controller

see thread http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24314

So now that i am no longer relying on the BOSS 5 controller, am I correct in guessing that i no longer need/can use a BOSS5 POST in mastercam?

What post process should I use to run the BOB Contorller with MACH3.

Thanks!

Check this out. This guy maybe can help you with a post. He has one for Mastercam 9, and an interesting pendant. Good luck, Pat
    http://cnc.novalab.org/mach_files.htm

Thanks!

flipper Guest

Post processor

I am abit a newbie, so here's my question. How does this post processor work? Where do i have to put it?
    Greetings!

Quote Originally Posted by flipper View Post
    I am a bit a newbie, so here's my question. How does this post processor work? Where do i have to put it?
    Greetings!
    In the context of how a the g code is interpreted by the machine controller software each machine is a little bit different from the next, one model from another, one manufacturer from another. Cam packages produce the g code and then customize (postprocess) the code to suit the machine which will be used to make the part. The postprocessor is simply the part of the program which modifies the roar code. Sometimes the postprocessing is simple like removing the header and footer from the code, other times (particularly on complex multi axis machines) it is a lot more involved. Sometimes the software vendor can provide the postprocessor with the initial purchase of the software, sometimes the postprocessor has to be created from scratch.

Hope this answers your question.