587,125 active members*
3,067 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

mastercam x post

Anyone have a good post for Mastercam X for a 3-axis vertical hurco? I cannot get the one we have to run with the filtering on and without it the programs are huge! Our post was not created by anyone that knew what they were doing so the fact that it works at all is a miracle.

Use a Fanuc post and tweak it for your needs. We have 3 VM-1 running off of the stock Fanuc posts with no issues.

Olslowhand are you using ISNC or HNC? Some machines have the option and at a cost you can buy ISNC and the Hurco will run a Fanuc program. That is the key ISNC means Industry Standard N.C. (fancy name, for leagal reasons we can not call it Fanuc code but it is). Now if you dont have the isnc option you have HNC. What is the difference about $1500.00 and 4 g codes. G20, G21 vs G70, G71 are inch and metric. The other thing is the arcs in one program in absolute and the other in incremental. TA-Da. I have done several master cam posts let me know what I can do to help.

Another thing is the canned drilling cycles are different than Fanuc code. For example the G83 has more than one Z on the same line.