588,201 active members*
5,030 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > MasterCAM X5 for Solidworks

MasterCAM X5 for Solidworks

Hey guys, need some help wondering if any of you have the same problem. I just installed MasterCAM for solidworks, drew the part out, set the tools and chains. However when I went to backplot and verify my part, my part was fully black along with the tool and I didn't see any of the machining process. Basically everything in the verify mode is appearing black, I was thinking maybe it might be my graphics card?

Anyone else had this problem?

I will try and post.. but if I remember it was not an issue.What card you using and OS are you running.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by JakoJ View Post
    Hey guys, need some help wondering if any of you have the same problem. I just installed MasterCAM for solidworks, drew the part out, set the tools and chains. However when I went to backplot and verify my part, my part was fully black along with the tool and I didn't see any of the machining process. Basically everything in the verify mode is appearing black, I was thinking maybe it might be my graphics card?

Anyone else had this problem?
    I have had black parts in Solidworks if they have been modified in an assembly and have not rebuilt and saved the assembly before switching to that part as a part.

Try rebuild. Or save close reopen.

John