544,051 active members*
1,877 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions
Page 1 of 2 12
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    89

    MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    We are looking to upgrade to a MasterWood Project 365. Does anyone use this machine or any masterwood cnc routers in general? Whats your opinion of them? Theres very little information online about masterwood in general. Are they as good or better than biesse, scm, morbidelli.
    it appears to be a solid machine though the workable height is only 200mm, and perhaps less when the head tilted.

    if anyone knows anything about these machine would love a quick review.

  2. #2
    Community Moderator ger21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    35470

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    I've used a 1997 Masterwood, and a 2007 Morbidelli, and find them to be comparable.
    Haven't seen a newer Masterwood, though.
    Gerry

    UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

    Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

    JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

  3. #3
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    2

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    Hi, i am new at the world of cnc programming. My company have a Masterwood Project 365. I need some help to understand the program this cnc. I want to ask if it´s some way to link SolidCam to generate the NC code to the CNC.

    Thanks for the help.

  4. #4
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by KUNG_S View Post
    Hi, i am new at the world of cnc programming. My company have a Masterwood Project 365. I need some help to understand the program this cnc. I want to ask if it´s some way to link SolidCam to generate the NC code to the CNC.

    Thanks for the help.
    Not sure though usually big brand Cncs use their own cam software as there’s lots of pre defined settings specific to the machine. You would need to find or write a post processor to convert the code to the correct layout.

    What does your company do? What sort of work is produced by the 365? Why do you want to use solid cam? Is wasterworks not good?

  5. #5
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    2

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by zedodia View Post
    Not sure though usually big brand Cncs use their own cam software as there’s lots of pre defined settings specific to the machine. You would need to find or write a post processor to convert the code to the correct layout.

    What does your company do? What sort of work is produced by the 365? Why do you want to use solid cam? Is wasterworks not good?
    Hi, my company does furniture for stores. And i am dealing for the first time with a master project 365. The MASTER AT that only read DXF file, 2 D drawings. For a 5 axis CNC i think that it´s causing a limit uses of all capacities of the cnc.
    So now i am using Solidworks maximized, because for example now it´s impossible to do the lamelo joint, because i think it´s almost impossible to do in DXF. Files.
    I dont have any experience in postprocessor in thins type (wood) cnc, and i need some help.

  6. #6
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    Hello Dear ALL,
    i do service in TURKEY for MasterWood machinery.
    And 365 series are new one with BECKHOFF Germany tecnologies.
    And using MasterAT software but it is 5 axes machine without CAD software.
    You must buy CAD program with Post Process. But unfortunally the machine is poor to that.

    You can contact with me for All MasterWood machines on Private. im able to Masterwood 300-315-400-415/416 and 350/365 series.
    Best regards,

  7. #7
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    89

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    Wait... so the Project 365 has no CAD software? Masterworks 316? Or is that a waste of space? And is Master AT just to load the job? What would be the best cad software for it? Solid works?

  8. #8
    *Registered User*
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    35

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    From what I gather, MasterAT is what links to the machine, shows you where all the pods etc and stuff are. Masterworks is the same as biesseworks. They do software for doors, windows and cabinets. Not sure how good any of that is though. Their website has so many spelling mistakes it's almost embarrassing.

    Doesn't look like they have a 5axis piece of software yet. Fusion360, Alphacam or the like would be the go I'd imagine.

  9. #9
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    778

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack8 View Post
    Doesn't look like they have a 5axis piece of software yet.
    is there a way to read and share to us the actual code into the machine control?
    Is it Standard Gcode or propitiatory code?
    or could you share the machine and programming manual?

    Shouldn't be any problem to program this in 5axis
    Been doing this too long

  10. #10
    *Registered User*
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    35

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    I don't use a Masterwood machine so wouldn't actually know. Just from answered with what I have read

  11. #11
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    778

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by zedodia View Post
    We are looking to upgrade to a MasterWood Project 365. Does anyone use this machine or any masterwood cnc routers in general? Whats your opinion of them? Theres very little information online about masterwood in general. Are they as good or better than biesse, scm, morbidelli.
    it appears to be a solid machine though the workable height is only 200mm, and perhaps less when the head tilted.

    if anyone knows anything about these machine would love a quick review.
    bottom line here, do you have the resources to purchase/lease a machine and have a workload for a machine?
    need to automate what you have already going?
    This can be a money maker as all the machines i program and set-up into production do.
    Been doing this too long

  12. #12
    Community Moderator ger21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    35470

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    Looks like Master-3D is the included CAM software, and probably an entry level version.
    Master 3D the CAD/CAM software solution for wood and similar materials working industry by numerically controlled machining centres
    If you have to pay extra for the more advanced functions, you may be better off with MasterCAM Router or AlphaCAM.
    Gerry

    UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

    Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

    JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

  13. #13
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    89
    Machine still isn’t going. But I’ve noticed there’s no software CAD to do anything. The master wood software is laughable at best. I’m considering solidworks and or fusion but I’ll croaa that bridge when it happens. At this moment I’m wondering if anyone has ever reinstalled the PC from scratch so they can start with a blank slate? I’m unsure if there’s anything I need to consider. I’m thinking you install windows (XP, 7, 8,10) and then install the beckoff dual cat cds. Other than that I got no idea. The previous owners have made a mess of the pc. Does anyone know how or where to get this info? Master wood are incredible difficult to get an answer from, and so far have done nothing but waste my time.

  14. #14
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    778

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by zedodia View Post
    Machine still isn’t going. But I’ve noticed there’s no software CAD to do anything. The master wood software is laughable at best. I’m considering solidworks and or fusion but I’ll croaa that bridge when it happens. At this moment I’m wondering if anyone has ever reinstalled the PC from scratch so they can start with a blank slate? I’m unsure if there’s anything I need to consider. I’m thinking you install windows (XP, 7, 8,10) and then install the beckoff dual cat cds. Other than that I got no idea. The previous owners have made a mess of the pc. Does anyone know how or where to get this info? Master wood are incredible difficult to get an answer from, and so far have done nothing but waste my time.
    what about this ? is it $$$$
    Master 3D the CAD/CAM software solution for wood and similar materials working industry by numerically controlled machining centres

    OK let's start with
    what discs or any data on the PC regarding this machine?
    Any operating manuals or programming manuals? English or Italian ?
    A sample of the data that actually runs the machine?
    What year is this software, determines the operating sys?
    Copy the PC's full disc to a usb external drive.
    Get XP sp3 on a clean bootable USB stick and check in here.
    Oh yeah, what is your budget ?
    How fast do you want to be producing?
    Been doing this too long

  15. #15
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    89

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by bostosh View Post
    what about this ? is it $$$$
    Master 3D the CAD/CAM software solution for wood and similar materials working industry by numerically controlled machining centres

    OK let's start with
    what discs or any data on the PC regarding this machine?
    Any operating manuals or programming manuals? English or Italian ?
    A sample of the data that actually runs the machine?
    What year is this software, determines the operating sys?
    Copy the PC's full disc to a usb external drive.
    Get XP sp3 on a clean bootable USB stick and check in here.
    Oh yeah, what is your budget ?
    How fast do you want to be producing?
    honestly your first comment is irrelevant.

    no OS came with the machine, only the beckoff CDs for the TWINCAT system.
    operating manuals are useless because until it actually works, i cant learn how to use it.
    sample data of the machine - see previous comment
    It currently has XP on it. but so many errors. and it also now says we dont have a licence for the amount of axis. everything is locked down by password and nothing has been supplied.
    budget - irrelevant
    what will we be producing - doors and windows primarily - however anything and everything too. - ie irrelevant.

    when masterwood themselves dont respond or even care to help (regardless of cash) what do we do?
    we're in Australia. who can we contact to give this machine a once over and make it work.

    it has Master AT and masterworks... masterworks looks like junk, and the old project 327 looks more advanced lol.
    i am considering solidworks, and may try fusion 360 as i am quite experineced with it.

    thanks - i will use a USB to create a bootable OS and start from there. (great idea)

    sorry this machine has become a nightmare.

  16. #16
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    778

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    beckoff CDs for the TWINCAT system
    good start, can you put the discs on line so they can be looked at ?
    Are there source data for "it has Master AT and masterworks"

  17. #17
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    89

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    Put them online? rather large upload. I found on the beckoff website they have everything available to download (which is a win finally)
    source data for Master AT and masterworks? what do you mean? im not uploading the software.

  18. #18
    Community Moderator ger21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    35470

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    I would think you are going to need Masterwood's assistance to reinstall everything and get the machine running. Or a really, really, really good tech that's very experienced with that machine. I'd expect it to cost $5000-$10,000 to get it running?

    Does Masterwood have an Australian distributor?
    Gerry

    UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

    Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

    JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

  19. #19
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    89

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    yeah i think we need someone to come do the whole thing. now the problem is - is apparently MW australia doesnt want to help because we didnt purchase the machine through them. so essentially we are up boned.

    So far what ive worked out is that it appears to be a PLC error causing the issues. however i find there are alot of areas (machine settings, system settings) within master AT that request a password - which i dont have. the whole system is a mess. using the beckoff software alone i still get errors when i attempt to calibrate.

    realistically i think its a great paper weight (luckily not my money) - other than that im out of ideas. and given MW themselves dont seem to care im out of options.

    Found out too MW was bought out by a chinese company in feburary. so i wonder if that says anything as to to state MW is in.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    511

    Re: MasterWood 365 5axis - Masterwood Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by zedodia View Post
    yeah i think we need someone to come do the whole thing. now the problem is - is apparently MW australia doesnt want to help because we didnt purchase the machine through them. so essentially we are up boned.

    So far what ive worked out is that it appears to be a PLC error causing the issues. however i find there are alot of areas (machine settings, system settings) within master AT that request a password - which i dont have. the whole system is a mess. using the beckoff software alone i still get errors when i attempt to calibrate.

    realistically i think its a great paper weight (luckily not my money) - other than that im out of ideas. and given MW themselves dont seem to care im out of options.

    Found out too MW was bought out by a chinese company in feburary. so i wonder if that says anything as to to state MW is in.
    I hear your pain. I recently bought a Project 350. Had to teach myself how to conditionally loop by looking through old programs. Manual is useless, and the service center dos not even reply to emails. Can't even get the clamping sequence to change after program finishes to raise the pins as I have clamps on them. I am also trying to find out how to unload the machine during midway through a program to turn the material over to machine the other side (I suspect their is some L CYCLE I can call but their is no info on them).

    Their NZ agent has abandoned them to sell SCM instead.

Page 1 of 2 12

Similar Threads

  1. Masterwood Project 317 & 327
    By zedodia in forum Commercial CNC Wood Routers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 11:59 AM
  2. masterwood
    By gcc in forum Commercial CNC Wood Routers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 01:31 PM
  3. Masterwood speedy 207
    By jsheidy in forum Commercial CNC Wood Routers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 03:15 AM
  4. Masterwood Project 319-323
    By Tarpin in forum Commercial CNC Wood Routers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 03:16 AM
  5. Masterwood Project 327
    By cure1 in forum Commercial CNC Wood Routers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 09:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •