587,472 active members*
3,183 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > MaxNc 10 Basic Questions

MaxNc 10 Basic Questions

I recently acquired a MaxNc 10 and need a little help from someone that knows this instrument and hopefully has the instruction manual.

1. What is the collet sizes used? This one only came with the 1/8" collet and need to order a 3/8" and 1/4" collet or perhaps a collet set. Any chance they're the same as Sherline or Taig? I have the same question on how to add a drill chuck as it appears you can order this direct from Maxnc but curious if it's the same as Sherline or Taig?

2. It has 3 small Nema 23 steppers (4 wire) and the control box but no software. Will Artsoft Mach3 work with this control box which if factory installed and attached to the back of the mill column. It has a standard 24 pin parallel cable input. Or is there special software required for this setup?

3. I've read that some of these Maxnc stepper drivers are problematic. I have a spare Xylotex board however would like to try the original to find out if it works o.k. before spending hours of work on this switch out. Any suggestions or should I just assume the worst and start the modification perhaps even putting on new stepper motors and upgraded shaft couplers to boot.

Control Software

Try using TurboCNC its free and works great.