587,482 active members*
3,482 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

May be wrong forum, cutting fabric

Well, after spending the last 25 years on metalworking CNC stuff, a friend asked a favor. His wife has a business and needs to cut about 4 different patterns out of fabric. They do a fair amount of it, all by hand. I do have my own vinyl cutter (panther) but not sure it could feed fabric. Some of the stuff is kind of a PVC fabric, other is just cloth. My first thought would be die cut, but I think the dies might be a little too expensive for a home business. Anyone have experience cutting fabric ? Thoughts? Building a CNC would be a easy task for me, just not sure what would be the best blade/cutting solution.

My suggestion is laser. Model/manufacturer/power depend from volume, type of fabrics and etc. I you will put here additional information - will try to help you in details

For fabric I use in a shoes factory one CNC machine with oscillating tangential knife, fabric its held by vacuum (see Zund, Lectra, Gerber, Comelz, Teseo, only for documentation, these are expensive for home use)

One of my customer's uses their Zund cutter for cutting fabrics primarily. They would be more than interested in speaking with you in regards to helping you out. Here is their contact info.

AK Apparel
    742 lewisville Rd
    Woodsfield, OH 43793
    (740) 472-1910
    AK Apparel - Custom Cycling Jerseys & Apparel

Just tell them Chris from Zund sent you!

Thanks!