588,525 active members*
7,659 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Mazak FH6800

Mazak FH6800

I have a Mazak FH6800 with the 4th axis option. Whenever i have pallet number 2 out of the machine i keep getting alarm...alarm 31 Servo Malfunction 1 (&0000002F,&0008, ). When i unplug the 14 pin connector from the optional rotary head i can clear the alarm and run pallet 1 as long as i want. I can also index pallet 2 into the machine, connect the pin connector again and run pallet 2 in the machine as long as i want, but as soon as i switch to pallet 1 i get the alarm again. Can anyone help me? I am not really a CNC guru, only a millwright in the shop trying to figure things out.

Spartus

I'm not sure what connector you are talking about but the alarm you are getting is because the servo drive has lost communication with the encoder on the motor.
    Is it possible that the feedback cable is being pulled when you do a pallet change?
    It's possible the cable may have an internal break and only shows up when the cable is in a specific position.

The connector that i amtaliking about is the one that goes from the pallet changer door to the optional rotary head assembly that we have in the machine.It is external cables with a connector on each end.
    I have had the cables pulled half way out of the machine to see if i could see any beakage in them, but could not see anything visually.
    There seems to be quite a bit of slack in the calbles for the pallet change and does not seem to be pulling them. I am thinking i need to order the new cables that go from the connector pin back to the servo drive.

Is it possible that if the connections are getting a little bit wet from coolant that this would happen?

Thanks in advance

Spartus

also my bad, it is a 22 pin connector

Yes it is possible that coolant can cause this problem. When you take the connector apart the pins should be completely dry. The water in the coolant is a conductor and can effectively short the pins together causing all kinds of problems including the one you are seeing.