I need to be pointed in the right direction.
Original problem: Turret would not position and clamp; found out the encoder was not sending the right binary output to the T-32 controller. Installed new encoder and checked wiring and connectors, etc. Aligned encoder per Mazak instructions; red LED illuminated and aligned to tool position (1), turret clamped in tool 1 position. With the encoder aligned to the Led I still had to offset it by 10 degrees to get the turret to position and clamp in the tool 1 position. (The red LED is off in this condition). The turret indexes to the correct tool and clamps only in the CW direction in manual. If indexed manual CCW the turret indexes and misses by one index and does not clamp.
In auto I can index to any position (clamped and it repeats) if moved CW, but the T-32 turns on feed hold and does not allow reset unless the E-Stop is pressed and reset. (Like its waiting for something or missing a step)

I'm assuming the binary count for each position is correct since the T-32 counts each tool consecutively and does not miss count in either direction regardless if the turret miss indexes in the CCW direction or indexes correctly in the CW position.

Just looking for a shove in the right direction. (Mazak is short handed today to give advise.) If your reading this and have any Ideas jump right on in!

Thanks,

Tommy