587,659 active members*
3,288 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Mazak VTC 41 memory problem

hi

i have 2 mazak vertical center VTC-41 and 41M . one has 64K memory and the other one has only 128K memory. this is too small for me now. specially for 3D projects. is there anyway to increase memory?
    i am using mastercam. my controller is MAZATROL EIA. can i use DNC software to send live data? what software and how? Thank you very much for your comments.

Memory might be expandable... it depends on your control. It was available then. If you have an M1 or M2, you'll have to contact Mazak. Might not have much luck there though do to the age of the machine. It might be possible from the board manufacturer (which again, depending on the time frame) could be either Mitsubishi or Yasnac.

DNC is possible only if you have the DNC option for the controller. If you do, you can use DNC software to run the large programs. If not, again, check with the board maker.
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

Quote Originally Posted by kamran67 View Post
    hi

i have 2 mazak vertical center VTC-41 and 41M . one has 64K memory and the other one has only 128K memory. this is too small for me now. specially for 3D projects. is there anyway to increase memory?
    i am using mastercam. my controller is MAZATROL EIA. can i use DNC software to send live data? what software and how? Thank you very much for your comments.
    U need to make a rs232 cable u can find out in your hand book of mazak
    then u can link it up to a old pc like windows nt or dos to send data
    after connect use tape mode at mazak
    your machine will run buffer one by one