587,628 active members*
3,245 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Memory boards!!!

I have a KMB-1 w/ BX controller. I need to know how hard is the task of fixing the 3 momory boards or at least finding the bad component and replacing it. Thanks Is anyone interested in a 1984 Hurco KMB-1 w/BX controller, comes with:

5hp rotory convertor
    Hitachi spingle drive
    Tape emulator and software
    Coolant pump
    Stevens plate
    8" kurt vise
    All cables,Kwik Switch 200 tool holders for machine (4).

All software plus computer windows 95':
    2002 cadkey
    BobCad version 21(have been running G-code, I also run conv. when needed)
    All cables,Kwik Switch 200 tool holders for machine (4).
    For sale (after) I fix my memory problem, $7500.00

Did you get your Hurco fixed yet? I should have some memory boards that you can have for shipping and handling. I replaced my MPU and memory boards with a single board from AMTS.

Do you have the rs232 cable that connects the computer to the Round port on the Hurco?

Sorry Sticky, I don't use the round ports for anything. My computer hooks up via a BTR reader card by CMC Systems. As far as I know, no one uses the round port for serial computer communications. One of my round ports has been used for indexer communication for pseudo-4th axis work in the past (not by me).

try www.midwestcnc.com thats where I get repair work done... the also have free phone support....hope this helps...
    jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Caudill View Post
    Sorry Sticky, I don't use the round ports for anything. My computer hooks up via a BTR reader card by CMC Systems. As far as I know, no one uses the round port for serial computer communications. One of my round ports has been used for indexer communication for pseudo-4th axis work in the past (not by me).
    Sorry Jim, my question was for the original poster. Looks like he is getting rid of his machine and accessories, and I could use a cable and some of the other stuff too. Jim, do you use g-code on your Hurco via the CMC BTR, or just conversational?

So far, all I have run is conversational part programs. I have loaded the g-code master and seemed to recall playing with the g-code stuff a couple of years ago. JFC is doing this routinely, so he has far better knowledge of this than I. I think if your program is small enough, you can dump it and run it similar to conversational (I may be wrong). I was under the impression that DNC is for large programs that "drip feed", and this may be where all the complexity comes in.

I too, am just getting ready to try and setup to start using DNC and would also like to be able to work from dxf directly. I'm thinking that it may be necessary to get a software program that has at least a moderate cost associated with it in order to be able to acquire a suitable post-processor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Caudill View Post
    I too, am just getting ready to try and setup to start using DNC and would also like to be able to work from dxf directly. I'm thinking that it may be necessary to get a software program that has at least a moderate cost associated with it in order to be able to acquire a suitable post-processor.

Hey Jim,
    How goes the DNC effort? I got my cable from CMC and picked up a used version of bobcad v20. Dealing with the flu right now, but hoping that friday I will be able to head over to the shop and get it going with g-code!

Thanks for the query, but I haven't been working the DNC lately. I did go over and visit with JFC11 at his shop (he's very close by) and he graciously showed me their setup and offered to let me come back as often as I need to in order to get my system functioning.

I have been using my Hurco, but I'm only doing console programming in conversational right now. The DNC thing is something I have to pursue when nothing else is "hot". I also picked up an older model IBM "Thinkpad" to feed and store programs. I have been using an old PII with Win98 to store and retrieve my conversational programs.

You lucky dog Jim, I wish I had someone nearby with a working setup to look at. I hooked up all my cables and got the software set-up. I think I just have a couple of kinks to work out. I am getting a transmission error when I try to send a file over to the Hurco via Bobcad.

Success!!! I just had to pull the MPU board and set the baud rate to match what bobcad was sending out. The computer and machine are talking, and I ran a sample program in air. All went well. Now I just need to figure out how to set tools and the table up right to actually cut a part.