587,203 active members*
3,134 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

metal supplies in Oz

OK i slammed McJings as they are mongrels but there are great traders out there too

www.Oztion.com.au has a new vendor George Vesley who has stopped trading on ebay and moved to Oztion where he is "offcuts-galore"

i have been buying from him for over a year.

0ver 100 purchases to date all exactly as described and realistic starting prices.

4140, 4130, 1020, 1030, 1040 steel

tool steels

2011 6T, 6061 6T Aluminium
    brass
    copper
    stainless
    Delrin
    sintered metals
    he has 40 tonnes of offcuts as a minimum stock level

if you dont see it ask.. he has been able to get me everything i have ever needed with the exception of 0.6mm spring steel sheet ( i needed 8, 1200 x 1800 mm sheets, he had 2 only)

i did a comparision of his prices v's other places and found his stuff 20% cheaper on average and never higher.. ( unless you go crazy at the auction)

i would have posted this in the suppliers lists but its locked

cheers folks

jack

Agree with you on this one Jack

I just received my latest bits and pieces from George. I wasn't aware that he would source stuff for you, must remember that.
    Getting metal (aluminium in my case) in small amounts is very hard in Sydney.
    Regards
    Geoff

one more tip about george

he gets Kilo lots of tool bits!

i got one and only one bit was worn!!

in the one kilo lot i recived there where 15 mills (metric 2 and 4 flutes sizes 4mm -16mm)

there was 3 Taps that i did not need ( i work small stuff mainly) but used one to make a reamer for a MT3 taper shaft the other big tap i'll get around to make a offset taper centre

paid $20 for the lot! a single woodruff cutter is $25 and i got a 1/8" and 1/4" wf cutters in the deal. still in the plastic!!!

and in his last email he is getting some more packs together ready to auction in the coming days.

maybe i'm cutting my throat on these as there have been few bids on these packs to date but what the heck the more the merrier i say

cheers folks

jack

PS

where you bidding on the thick wall 25mm OD tube?? if so, sorry but the alternative was a full length so i did go silly on it but still way cheaper than a lenth of tube i'll use 280mm of and probably never use again ( 4mm wall)