Hi,
I just managed to get a microbot alpha II robotic arm from ebay, I was interested using it for experimenting and gaining experience but then as I am also working slowly towards building a home made basic cnc router type machine I wondered if it may also be able to do that kind of thing?

My problem is that the machine came only with the arm and the control box, I have no interconnecting cable (a DD50 connector each end) or any other accessories ,teach pendant etc, or more importantly any manuals or specs, pin-outs etc.

I have managed to google all over the internet and picked up a few scraps of info, much of it for an earlier and I think (and hope) related model, the teachmover, I have managed to piece together ,I think, the command set and the method of communication via serial port etc.

But , if anyone can help me with manuals, specs, pin-outs of the connecting cables and diagrams of the teach pendant etc. I would be extremely grateful.

any info greatly appreciated, has anyone used one of these for simple machining type tasks ?

thanks n rgds,

Andrew