587,196 active members*
2,964 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC "do-it-yourself" > Milli a new composite mill kit
Page 84 of 109 3474828384858694
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2169

Re: Milli a new composite mill kit

Hi peteeng / ardenum2

Hello everyone

I'm sorry, but my English is not good and I haven't learned how to upload photos on the forum.
    If you fill the inside of the steel plate with epoxy material, their expansion coefficient is inconsistent, and there will be many problems later.The best way is to use special concrete, but it costs three times more than epoxy.Few customers require special cement to be filled inside the steel plate, because the price is too high, the process flow is complicated, and it is not easy to complete with high precision.
    Due to the customer's confidentiality requirements, specific photos cannot be provided.

Segmented steel plates,Embedded steel plate,Machining on steel plates, machining accuracy will be easier.The machining accuracy can reach 0.008mm/m.Of course, good processing equipment is needed - grinding machines or milling machine.
    The price is definitely cheap,Because the processing volume of cast iron is too large, while the processing volume of mineral castings is small.
    The specific processing cost still depends on the drawings.

Hi peteeng / ardenum2

Hello everyone

I'm sorry, but my English is not good and I haven't learned how to upload photos on the forum.
    If you fill the inside of the steel plate with epoxy material, their expansion coefficient is inconsistent, and there will be many problems later.The best way is to use special concrete, but it costs three times more than epoxy.Few customers require special cement to be filled inside the steel plate, because the price is too high, the process flow is complicated, and it is not easy to complete with high precision.
    Due to the customer's confidentiality requirements, specific photos cannot be provided.

Segmented steel plates,Embedded steel plate,Machining on steel plates, machining accuracy will be easier.The machining accuracy can reach 0.008mm/m.Of course, good processing equipment is needed - grinding machines or milling machine.
    The price is definitely cheap,Because the processing volume of cast iron is too large, while the processing volume of mineral castings is small.

Hi peteeng / ardenum2

Hello everyone

Hi peteeng / ardenum2

Hello everyone

Hi peteeng / ardenum2

Hello everyone

Why can't I see the content of my reply?

Hello Mr-MaW - If the site is busy the replies take a while to appear. At the bottom of the window is a "go advanced" button if you select this a menu comes up so you can add attachments. Use this vs external links. External links time out sometime and fail. Once you go advanced, below the thread box is an additional options box. In here you can manage attachments.... In china epoxy is cheap, in other countries epoxy is very expensive. Concrete here (australia) is less cost for instance. Your English seems to be fine by me. Peter

Hi All & Sundry - I have decided to get some SIKA 3350 (or similar) tested in flexure. This will then compare their quoted compressive modulus against a tested flexure modulus (stiffness). Since CNC machine parts are mainly used in flexure this seems to be the correct test. If the material is isotropic then the tensile, compressive and flexure stiffness "should" be the same. I spoke to the lab today about compression testing and they go to great lengths to get various surfaces parallel for the test. They are happy to test the concrete/grout/UHPC for me even though they usually test plastics. So need to get some grout and make some more coupons! I feel the std compressive test for concrete maybe biased in some way. We'll find out. I'm also going to throw in an aluminium sample as a reality check to see how good the test lab is..... Peter

Machine builders on this site are hobby builders and will build one machine. The epoxy path and the concrete path have different challenges. They both have an initial exotherm phase which means they thermally expand quite a bit. Especially epoxy being a plastic probably 4x or 5x the concretes expansion rate. If you make a steel box and fill it with EP/mineral and use a reactive epoxy its likely that the expansion will be captured as the epoxy cures and as it cools/shrinks could create issues with inserts. Similarly with grout the thermal expansion can be high. But if you use a grout that is compensated for its plastic and solidification phases (class C grout) then that seems to me to be better then the epoxy solution. All of these dimensional issues are corrected once the grout or epoxy is fully cured by machining to finished dims. I think the maker is being over confident to expect the dims to be the same or correct post casting. There are several examples in the threads of this where things need correctling. Mr-MaW Do you post cure your epoxy parts? Peter

Morning All - I have received a Nighthawk controller and will do some bench tests. CNC3D are about to release their 6 axis version so I'm really keen to get through the learning curve and make Milli into a trunnion style 5 axis machine. It suddenly got cold here and the workshop is very chilly!! I also bought some DLC bits to try on aluminium. Looking at their specs DLC has the lowest friction co-efficient (0.1) and surface energy so should be excellent on aluminium. Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DLC 1.jpg  

Hey Pete, is there a setting in Simsolid to give an object infinite stiffness or I do that by defining a new material?

thanks

Morning Ard - In the assembly menu where you set up materials there is a button called "set part rigid". This makes it infinitely stiff. Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rigid.jpg  

Hi All - some nostalgia. https://youtu.be/TnsKj1Hwf7o

Afternoon all you lot - I've ordered a bag of Sika3350. It cost $82.50AUD for 25kg. This makes 27kg of grout which is 10.7litres or its density is 2500kg/m3. This is $7710AUD/m3 which is not bad if the modulus tests out correctly. I shall also get a bag of Lanko701 class C and a block of aluminium. I'll have these tested and that will bring my test programme to an end. I want the lab to test a piece of metal as a reality check on their test.

I'll have to make the moulds and cast, then wait 28 days for full cure. The Lanko is only $37AUD for a 25kg bag so hopefully it tests well. I think Milli will be my first 5 axis router. I have a local company who has expressed interest in one and I prefer to make a machine that has a purpose or an owner... It will be like Frankie but have a trunnion and rotary... this will allow me to play with the Fusion 5 axis CAM... plus make some Grout parts... have to sort slewing bearings for the trunnion....Onward and upward.. Peter
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi peteeng

Looking forward to your update, if you can please upload your drawings, I can help you analyze it, those designs are reasonable.

Because I can't view your videos in China, I don't know YouTube's videos, and I can't use Youtube.

bad news Pete,

SMJ only make motors, they don't make drives...they said customers successfully used Panasonic, Elmo, Mitsubishi, Copley drives with their motors. Which ones? they only mentioned A6's from Panasonic specifically.

That's $500-$2000 per drive depending on the brand. I've been on the lookout for linear drives for some time now, have to start the search again, Will probably buy the smallest iron core and do a test rig to test a few cheap drives. If I find any...

Surprisingly in the papers I read, there was very little mention of the control method. Have to find that out first. Just searching for linear drives gives little results.

...now if we just knew anyone who was experienced with designing circuits and custom boards

https://www3.panasonic.biz/ac/e_down...-a6_manu_e.pdf

Another company that makes stators and forcers https://longzhichuang.en.alibaba.com/ They use CDHD Servo Drives

https://www.ethercat.org/en/products...35BEEAC766.htm

https://us-icbuim-file.oss-us-east-1...2063%207KW.pdf

ebay has them for around $300-$700, used. slightly cheaper then the other ones.

you think you're one step forward, then you move 2 steps backwards.

Evening all & sundry - I'm setting up to make some Sika3350, Lanko701 ands maybe another brand test coupons. These require a mould and I usually cut these out of mdf but this time I'm going to use formply 17mm thick. No matter I also usually drill holes in it to keep it in place. Usually a 3mm drill. But the spindle doesn't like to run under 6000rpm... I usually burn my drills as I haven't figured a good feed for them yet. Suttons tools say the surface speed should be 50-70m/min which is 6000rpm and the feed to be 0.05 to 0.06mm/rev... which is a plunge of 350mm/min. I'll give these go... Anyone have other thoughts? Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mould 1.jpg  

Drilling is an issue on these spindles.
    Small drills ok but feed is still pretty fast.

For bigger holes I sometimes CNC a small hole, or just a spot, then enlarge manually.

Or helical interpolate the hole with a small single flute cutter. E.g. a 6mm hole, cut with a helical path with a 4mm cutter
    7xCNC.com - CNC info for the minilathe (7x10, 7x12, 7x14, 7x16)

Hi Pippin - Success! Sawdust vs cinders!! Suttons speeds and feeds were spot on. I ran first pass at 6000rpm and second at 12000rpm. 12k too fast, burns edge so backed down speed until sawdust. But the 6000rpm and 350mm/min plunge was fine. 1mm peck, will do 3mm next time...Note the blue drill from prior work! My sika3350 should arrive next Tuesday so will set up then. Need to wax the mould face and seal edges... So many screws in this one. Bunnings now stock my favourite Kregs screws. A bit worrying the first pass as it wizzes in and out of the screws!! Peter

Evening all - Just did my first aluminium job with the DLC coat. Very happy with the results 12k[]2000mm/min[]0.06mm/tooth and 1mm doc chugged along nicely and looking at the bit with a magnifier can't see one spec of aluminium on its edge. Used metho as a coolant. Will use a finer feed for the finishing cut next time. Really happy with this tool.. Next job more DOC. Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Set up 1.jpg   edge quality 1.jpg   profiling 1.jpg   finishing 1.jpg  

stuff.jpg  

Hi All - Picked up some Lanko 701 and a self leveller today. I shall make some laps from the self leveller and use the Whitworth 3 plate method to make them flat. Sika3350 should arrive in the next couple of days then I can cast the test coupons. Both have some CSA in them. Peter

Page 84 of 109 3474828384858694