588,138 active members*
5,498 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Milltronics was sold on Monday
Page 1 of 2 12

Exclamation Milltronics was sold on Monday

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincitie...4/daily6.html?
    Saw it on Practical Machinist.
    Here's the article, pretty short.

Dave
    Schneider Machine
    A force of one

Whats the deal? are they going to keep building the best CNC machines in the country, Will they keep supporting the old ones. what about parts and service? Can someone from Milltronics reply to assure us that every thing is gonna be OK?

I can answer part of it, NO, if you have an older machine. We are S.O.L.

Nothing is changing.
    The group that bought it is leaving it as is even the old owners are staying for the foreseeable future.

Smile

All of the existing Milltronics customers will be pleasantly suprised with the outcome of the sale. Good things are about to come for current users and new users.

Good things are about to come for current users and new users.
    I hope so. When I called a couple of months ago to ask about upgrading my Centurion VI, the guy that I spoke with knew very little about the upgrade. It was the usual "faster processor, more stable", but he had no real specs.
    He wasn't sure which hardware was included and which hardware was required but sold seperately.

Talking

Don't feel bad. They DO NOT support the Cen IV or partner 7 any more. I know because I have one. I will say the machine has been bullet proof but we do R&D and short production run stuff so no 24/7 running. We where offered an upgrade in '99 when they decided to drop support. They were not sure about how long it would take and the tool changer WOULD NOT work afterwards. When we where talking to them about it, they were shocked that the tool changer evened worked and they could not even get us a new drive belt at that time. To only support a machine for 10yrs is a little scary. I like the machines their like a tank and bullet proof and you get great options for the money BUT there is no long term support or understanding of the own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TZ250 View Post
    I hope so. When I called a couple of months ago to ask about upgrading my Centurion VI, the guy that I spoke with knew very little about the upgrade. It was the usual "faster processor, more stable", but he had no real specs.
    He wasn't sure which hardware was included and which hardware was required but sold seperately.
    What type of upgrade were you inquiring about? What is your machines serial number? I may be able to provide you with some information if you would like.

The phone number no longer works. I am getting worried. As someone who has used Milltronics since 1990, I don't see this sale as being a good thing!

Anyone have a phone number that works?

Milltronics has lost a power supply on our phone system we hope to have it repaired by noon

Quote Originally Posted by mholden View Post
    Milltronics has lost a power supply on our phone system we hope to have it repaired by noon
    That makes me feel better. Do you work for Milltronics? Can you shed some light on how this sale will effect the operations of Milltronics. I try to buy a new machine every 5 years. I worry that I won't get the same great service that is Milltronics greatest asset. I plan on buying a new machine next year. I have only owned Milltronics, so the thought of looking at other manufacturers is not appealing.

Scott
    SJC Tool & Engineering, Inc.

I do work for Milltronics.
    There should be no change at Milltronics. The company is staying intact as is.
    The old owners are still here. The new owners are a family company, LDI is the name. They want to grow the company and have the money to do it.
    I do not see a down side as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jpawelk View Post
    All of the existing Milltronics customers will be pleasantly suprised with the outcome of the sale. Good things are about to come for current users and new users.

Can you tell us what the good things are?

Scott
    SJC Tool & Engineering, Inc

New products, increased marketing, more customer service, and machine offers that can not be beat.

New products, increased marketing, more customer service, and machine offers that can not be beat.
    I was not planning on buying a new machine until next year. But I would consider purchasing sooner if these "machine offers" as you say, would save me money. What can you tell me about these offers? Are you talking reduced prices? How long are these offers going to last, and have they started?

Scott Leland
    SJC Tool & Engineering, Inc.

Smile

How long do they intend to support the machines?

What type of upgrade were you inquiring about? What is your machines serial number? I may be able to provide you with some information if you would like.

I have a Centurian VI from 1998. Does Milltronics still offer an upgrade for it? My VM-15 has the 20 tool changer and 4th axis rotary table.

I think my motherboard has a 486 DX2 class CPU. I have 16MB of ram and often load large programs from the Ethernet link.

Cheers
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by single phase View Post
    I have a Centurian VI from 1998. Does Milltronics still offer an upgrade for it? My VM-15 has the 20 tool changer and 4th axis rotary table.

I think my motherboard has a 486 DX2 class CPU. I have 16MB of ram and often load large programs from the Ethernet link.

Cheers
    Dave
    What type of upgrade are you looking for? Have you called Milltronics to inquire about getting an upgrade? 952.442.1401 is the phone number.

What type of upgrade are you looking for? Have you called Milltronics to inquire about getting an upgrade? 952.442.1401 is the phone number.

No, I did not call them about it.

I would like to have a faster main CPU. Nothing else.

Cheers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by single phase View Post
    No, I did not call them about it.

I would like to have a faster main CPU. Nothing else.

Cheers
    An upgrade is possible for your control. It would be an SBC with 64 MB of Ram.

Page 1 of 2 12