588,138 active members*
6,832 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mini mill running waiting

My 2003 mini mill has a random problem,I can be running the same program and it will stop x,y and z axis the spindle will still be running and on the screen it will say running waiting...I can push any button on the screen and it acts like it is in single block mode for a few times then it will take off again.I had the Haas tech install new software and the problem still exists.Now he wants to install a new board and software.Has anyone else had this problem.I called Haas direct and they have never heard of this.

are you running off memory or dnc?ive had this problem with dnc before on a different machine

if you are using the dnc cable check for interference,like electrical things close to the cable, ive even had the balists in lights cause interference when bad

one more thing,some people dnc off the floppy,maybe your floppy drive is faulty,personally i would not use the floppy to dnc

the hass guys once told me the biggest cause for dnc errors or problems where improper ground to the machine,im not sure if he meant the earth ground for the machine,or the ground on the communication cable and or board

I have had it do it to me both ways from memory and DNC,and on a production program it I can run it 50 times and it might not do it or it may and in different places in the program.I just moved my machine into my new shop and the problem did not ocurr for 2 weeks then it happend again.I have no floppy drive on my machine everything is sent from computer into memory or DNC if to big.I dont want to just start throwing money at this problem if there is no solution.Other than that my mini mill is a great machine and the high speed option was the best thing I bought for it.

Maybe I found a problem,I checked my power cables and noticed one was a little loose and it felt like the screw was tight.So I pulled the breaker switch off the panel and put alittle lube on the screw and worked it back and forth until it moved freely.It must have been like this from the factory and I am crossing my fingers that this is the fix to mystery of the past two years.

running and no motion is a common software problem you need a software upgrade or you need to tweek your program sometimes you need to go down in software to fix it and sometimes haas does not even know of the problem document the steps and send the program to the hfo with your settings and parameters.
    REYTECH Machine Service Corp. CNC repair NY, NJ
    http://www.reytechmachine.com

thanks service man I had the latest and software installed and that did not fix,also no problems with the post.I can run the same program after it does it and it works fine.Maybe the loose power cable is the problem