548,314 active members*
2,535 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mitsubishi controls > Mitsubishi Lathe Meldas 325LG-V Bus Error and Blank Screen
    Registered

Mitsubishi Lathe Meldas 325LG-V Bus Error and Blank Screen

Anyone have any experience with this control that could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. This Lathe MHI M-TC10B was running just fine and in the middle of machining parts when it stopped and had "Bus Error" on the screen. None of the buttons on the control would work so I powered it down and back up. Once powered back up I only get a blank screen. I contacted MEAU and feel like I got the guy that hated his job and didn't want to talk to me. Only thing he wanted me to do was send the MC-161 board in for repair, but he could not tell me if that was the problem.

Can anyone tell me what lights should be lit on this board and what the lights are for ?

Does anyone have the reinitialization procedure for the Meldas 325lG-V control ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brian
    outlaw6700@msn.com

Registered

Re: Mitsubishi Lathe Meldas 325LG-V Bus Error and Blank Screen

OK I figured out the reinitialization procedure for the Meldas 325lG-V control and now have a screen back. Problem is it reads both in English and Japanese. Anyone know how to change it to English on this control ?

Also the procedure to load the parameters back in to it ?

Registered

Re: Mitsubishi Lathe Meldas 325LG-V Bus Error and Blank Screen

If you have a 161 board, then that is also found in the M3 control (I haven't really figured out Mitsubishi's naming convention). You can certainly get documentation on the MEAU site for that control but, fortunately, I have one in my mill.

Assuming the process is the same, reloading the parameters isn't especially difficult. If you have a backup, you setup the serial configurations and then upload them. Voila. If you don't, but you have a listing of the values, then you can go two different ways. Either you manually insert them one by one, ugh... Or you make a download and then modify the text file and do an upload of the modified version, followed by a thorough validation. You will also need to add any canned macros (such as tool change) if they are required. Hopefully you have all this stuff backed up.

As for the English selection. That is a good question. I don't explicitly recall seeing that in the M3 documentation, but I also wasn't looking for it. I would not be at all surprised if there was a selection someplace. If I get a chance, I'll try to do a quick search.