525,429 active members*
2,321 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > Mitsubishi Meldas M3/L3 system parameter entry
    Registered

Mitsubishi Meldas M3/L3 system parameter entry

Hi,
    I need to make some changes to the SYSTEM PARAMETERS of my Dyna DM4400M Mitsubishi Meldas M3 controlled mill. Specifically, I want to add a fourth axis. The Dyna manual happily shows the screens that need to be modified, but neglects to tell you how to get into those areas. I found the USER PARAMETERS and MACHINE PARAMETERS areas, but the SYSTEM PARAMETERS area a complete mystery to me. They are not mentioned in any of the Mitsubishi manuals I got with the machine, and I have had no luck finding the information in my online searches as well.

If anyone knows how to edit these values, I would be very interested in hearing from you!

Thanks!

Registered

Re: Mitsubishi Meldas M3/L3 system parameter entry

System Parameters are a protected feature, it turns out. I managed to figure it out though, and I'm well on my way to getting a 4th axis working now, which is cool. I had problem getting the amp tuned, but technical support was phenomenal and they gave me some pointers.

None of this is for the feint of heart. I had to tinker around a lot with a logic analyzer and such. This generation of Meldas drive does not use flux feedback, so you can't just plop any encoder on the drive and have it work. Only BEI or Tasagawa have encoders that have UVW timing tracks for the corresponding UVW AC power of the servo. Kind of a pain, if you ask me. And the manuals are not not best. The information is there, but it isn't very easy to find. Sigh.