537,623 active members*
3,359 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Modbusez with Huanyang GT-Serie
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    18

    Modbusez with Huanyang GT-Serie

    HI, what is the last ver of MODBUSEZ and where can it be dowloaded with instructions. many tnk and best regards

  2. #2
    Community Moderator ger21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    35349

    Re: Modbusez with Huanyang GT-Serie

    Should be here in this thread, or in it's thread on the UCCNC forum.

    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/uccnc...gin-uccnc.html
    Gerry

    UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

    Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

    JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12052

    Re: Modbusez with Huanyang GT-Serie

    Quote Originally Posted by andyjack38 View Post
    HI, what is the last ver of MODBUSEZ and where can it be dowloaded with instructions. many tnk and best regards
    If you need a plugin there has not been one done for the Huanyang GT series the current Huanyang was not compatible with the GT series drive, but may work with some changes
    Mactec54

  4. #4
    Registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1851

    Re: Modbusez with Huanyang GT-Serie

    Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    If you need a plugin there has not been one done for the Huanyang GT series the current Huanyang was not compatible with the GT series drive, but may work with some changes
    What happened to Dan? I have not been around for quite some time (busy elsewhere) , but now I notice that several of the "old timers" are gone, or became dormant and inactive. He was very active with this plugin before, fixing every request almost instantly.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    18

    Re: Modbusez with Huanyang GT-Serie

    Hello MR Camera, thank you for the infos, I switch from Mach3 to UCCNC and using a UC400ETH motion controller, I finally got it working but not the spindle as you see from previous message this VFD is a GT-Series model GT-7R5G-2. I was an electrical contractor doing mostly automation jobs installing PLCs in dairy factory here in Quebec Canada been retired for a few years now I build myself a 3 axis router, I think it is you that got me going the Modbus route when I read that piece '' This tread is for those who are interested in trying Modbus"" I struggle a lot but with perseverance got it to work to make a story short add to change PC due to Microsoft no more parallel port this why I made the change to UCCNC the problem with this software it is not very well documented there are not many videos so it is hard for a self taught person, it is a tedious process, read a lot, google a lot it's a challenge. Using QModbus software I can start the vfd which spin the 3.5kw spindle (Register 4096 dec. 1=cw,2=ccw, 5 =off) (Register 8192 dec value between 1000 and 10000 give a range of 1800 to 18000 RPM, Registers12288 to 12295 dec monitor frequency to output torque. Problem is I need UCCNC
    software to do this and it is where i am stuck. I read many of your interventions in the CZone forum if you have any infos plz share with me . Anyway it is a pleasure to talk to you. Best regards andyjack38
    PS: take care still pandemic time

  6. #6
    Community Moderator ger21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    35349

    Re: Modbusez with Huanyang GT-Serie

    What happened to Dan?
    Not, sure. Dan just suddenly stopped posting about a year ago, maybe longer?
    Gerry

    UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

    Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

    JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

  7. #7
    Community Moderator ger21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    35349

    Re: Modbusez with Huanyang GT-Serie

    Quote Originally Posted by andyjack38 View Post
    Using QModbus software I can start the vfd which spin the 3.5kw spindle (Register 4096 dec. 1=cw,2=ccw, 5 =off) (Register 8192 dec value between 1000 and 10000 give a range of 1800 to 18000 RPM, Registers12288 to 12295 dec monitor frequency to output torque. Problem is I need UCCNC
    software to do this and it is where i am stuck.
    I've never used Modbus, so I can't offer any quick help. But I think if you carefully read through this entire thread, you'll see that there are a lot of examples which hopefully steer you in the right direction.
    https://forum.cncdrive.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=481
    Gerry

    UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

    Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

    JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

  8. #8
    Registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1851

    Re: Modbusez with Huanyang GT-Serie

    Quote Originally Posted by andyjack38 View Post
    Hello MR Camera, thank you for the infos, I switch from Mach3 to UCCNC and using a UC400ETH motion controller, I finally got it working but not the spindle as you see from previous message this VFD is a GT-Series model GT-7R5G-2. I was an electrical contractor doing mostly automation jobs installing PLCs in dairy factory here in Quebec Canada been retired for a few years now I build myself a 3 axis router, I think it is you that got me going the Modbus route when I read that piece '' This tread is for those who are interested in trying Modbus"" I struggle a lot but with perseverance got it to work to make a story short add to change PC due to Microsoft no more parallel port this why I made the change to UCCNC the problem with this software it is not very well documented there are not many videos so it is hard for a self taught person, it is a tedious process, read a lot, google a lot it's a challenge. Using QModbus software I can start the vfd which spin the 3.5kw spindle (Register 4096 dec. 1=cw,2=ccw, 5 =off) (Register 8192 dec value between 1000 and 10000 give a range of 1800 to 18000 RPM, Registers12288 to 12295 dec monitor frequency to output torque. Problem is I need UCCNC
    software to do this and it is where i am stuck. I read many of your interventions in the CZone forum if you have any infos plz share with me . Anyway it is a pleasure to talk to you. Best regards andyjack38
    PS: take care still pandemic time
    I am sorry, but I can't help you with the plugin. Anyway, if you need UCCNC support then it is best to register on their forum. There is a huge group of knowledgable people over there and they are usually very fast in answering and provide excellent support. The plugin discussed here is the creation of Dan, and as he is not around any more (we have no idea why, but hope he is well) it is difficult to get help with it. I don't know if your VFD is really Modbus compatible, in that case you can configure the Modbus plugin which is part of the UCCNC delivery and try that if you have problems with the plugin created by Dan. I am using that UCCNC plugin with my Bosch VFD and it works just fine since several years.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12052

    Re: Modbusez with Huanyang GT-Serie

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    What happened to Dan? I have not been around for quite some time (busy elsewhere) , but now I notice that several of the "old timers" are gone, or became dormant and inactive. He was very active with this plugin before, fixing every request almost instantly.
    He most likely had burnout it gets over whelming after awhile when people want changes and it won't work for there install, the time it takes to work with a different setup can take hours, after a while you don't have time for yourself or family, it's not just what you see in posting the private requests as well take up so much time
    Mactec54

  10. #10
    Registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1851

    Re: Modbusez with Huanyang GT-Serie

    Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    He most likely had burnout it gets over whelming after awhile when people want changes and it won't work for there install, the time it takes to work with a different setup can take hours, after a while you don't have time for yourself or family, it's not just what you see in posting the private requests as well take up so much time
    Yes, it's a likely scenario. I always thought his ambitions were far too high in supporting this plugin, all for free. I know it takes time, much more than what many people people realize, and the more complicated it gets, the more time it takes to make small changes which might cause serious regression, so personally, I fully understand if a person stops at some time to support freeware of any sort.

    Anyway, let's just hope that this is the reason why he got tired of posting, nothing more serious.

Similar Threads

  1. New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC
    By Dan911 in forum UCCNC Control Software
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 02-24-2021, 10:12 PM
  2. GT-Series Modbusez plug in
    By andyjack38 in forum UCCNC Control Software
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2021, 01:15 AM
  3. UCCNC to AVF 5100 via Modbusez, problems communicating
    By Vetsoltech in forum UCCNC Control Software
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2020, 09:50 PM
  4. trying to get MODBUSEZ to work with macchtric S800E - please help!
    By swedishmetalguy in forum UCCNC Control Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2018, 11:03 PM
  5. ModbusEZ V15
    By Dan911 in forum UCCNC Control Software
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2017, 04:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •