588,417 active members*
5,462 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mori-Dura-Lathe Prices

I have been around machines for many years, mainly as a hobby
    and I have a few manual lathes and mills. I want to increase my resourses and have a general CNC Machine, Lathe, after much research and talking to friends at Orange Coast College, which I attend on a part time basis, the Mori name always comes up.

I know I am going to have to pay a premium, and I kinda want new. What is a Dura-8" chuck machine going for nowadays and how about one with the Milling function-Does anyone know the approximate prices ?

DuraTurn 2550

I remember the last time we sold a Duraturn 2550 and it was right at $100K.
    It had the MSX-504 IIITB/Fanuc 0i-T Mod B control on it. It is a very good machine and some come with a 16 station turret. The tailstock is manually activated. Of course, you will have to add some $ to it for the milling capabilities. I will get some more definite numbers when I get to my shop on Tuesday and post them.
    e-mail me at [email protected] and I may be able to get you a broucher in PDF format.
    Thanks.

Thank You for that I have the brochure, which was sent over by your OC rep last week, I am curious to know prices though if you get a chance, thank you again.

Here are the numbers I got in January of this year.

Dura 2050: $89,900

Dura 2050MC: $111,500 (Live tooling)

You should be able to knock a fair chunk off of these prices as I doubt many machines have been sold this year.
    On all equipment there are 2 levers...
    Lever "A", and Lever F'in "B"

Thank You for that, yea, I would hope prices would have come down, now all I need to do is hope we survive into next year so I can afford one.

dura's

Can't go wrong with the Mori's. The live tooling system is awesome on the new machines. No belts/gearboxes to maintain. Can't go wrong with the Okuma's either. I was quoted 96K for a Japanese LB200MC live tooling lathe. I'll bet the mori's are down to that price now as well.

gphodge Guest
    I love my New Mori I bought last year, it was a step up from the Dura models. It is a NL2000/SY500. The only thing I dislike is all the safety switches it has. If you buy the Dura with live tooling look at the WTO products, they have live tooling with up to 4 outputs per side and gang style tool blocks for Y axis.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Can't go wrong with the Mori's. The live tooling system is awesome on the new machines. No belts/gearboxes to maintain. Can't go wrong with the Okuma's either. I was quoted 96K for a Japanese LB200MC live tooling lathe. I'll bet the mori's are down to that price now as well.

The Mori live tool system is proven to have more power and torque. Far larger MRR. Some feel that Okuma has spent so much in the control, the iron has lessened. Mori distrubutors are still moving machines, Mori has built new tech centers and kept advancing, while Okuma has not. You can get an Okuma right now for 50% off, actually for several months.

We are thinking about Mori 1530 duraturn for our machine shop. Does anyone know how much would this cost?