588,414 active members*
5,202 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki lathes > Mori NL 2500 different feeds for X Y and C ?

Mori NL 2500 different feeds for X Y and C ?

Hello to everyone and happy new year from Italy ! I'm posting this message on behalf of a guy that unfortunately can't read or write english. He's having a problem with a mori seiki NL2500Y mill-turn machine. His company mainly produces many kinds of crankshafts and he recently wrote a macro to improve the turning of the base of the crankshaft. His macro use the X Y and C axis but, in order to work properly, different feed needs to be set for XY and for C axis. Since he doesn't know how to do, the question is if there is some special code to do that or some parameter to enable this function ?

Many thanks in advance

Sandro

MAPE SPA?

What do you mean by: Turning of the base? Is he turning the main journals? I would imagine that the crank is between spindles and XYC milling the rod journals?

I would imagine the problem lies in the fact that in x y and z mode the feed is in feed per minute or feed per revolution, and in c the feed is in degrees per minute. To convert you use the following formula, [feed per minute * 360] / [dia*pi] I think this is correct, but that is off the top of my head.

Thank you for your answers guys. It took me a while to translate some technical terms.

have a look at this : http://www.mechanicalengineering.tv/...-integrex200y/

After 1:17 sec there is a short sequence that shows what the macro will do.
    Iwas wrong when I told "turning". It's a milling of the part of the crankshaft where the connecting rods are attached. Since it rotates being with the C axis. the XY needs to "follow" the journal while it rotate. I hope that the terms are correct (I don't know the term in italian either...

Quote Originally Posted by safecnc View Post
    Thank you for your answers guys. It took me a while to translate some technical terms.

have a look at this : http://www.mechanicalengineering.tv/...-integrex200y/

After 1:17 sec there is a short sequence that shows what the macro will do.
    Iwas wrong when I told "turning". It's a milling of the part of the crankshaft where the connecting rods are attached. Since it rotates being with the C axis. the XY needs to "follow" the journal while it rotate. I hope that the terms are correct (I don't know the term in italian either...
    You say he wrote a macro for this, does he not use the built in "PIN" machining provided in CAPPS ? I machine similar motions of X,Y, and C, but it is more complicated than a pure circle. As Jawbreaker38 points out, the feed is in radians, so you have to calculate the cumulative feed of both X & Y axis together, and compensate with the C feed rate.
    BTW, I did use the CAPPS version to do some prototype parts that we were quoting on, it was pretty easy to program, but it assumes that the mill cutter in use is center cutting. See Picture. For my normal work I use insert mills, so I have to hand code.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pin_mill.jpg  

Macro for Mori seiki

Thank for you interest guys. The macro has been developed and although it's still in its early stage it works. If you want to see how it works have a look at this movie

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhISZNdxCXI"]YouTube- torniofresatura albero a gomiti[/ame]

Sandro

Macro for Mori seiki

Thank for you interest guys. The macro has been developed and although it's still in its early stage it works. If you want to see how it works have a look at this movie

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhISZNdxCXI"]YouTube- torniofresatura albero a gomiti[/ame]

Sandro

On a milling machine I have used a FADAL command G15 to create a "YZ-A interpolation". This is when Y and Z follow the crank pin down while A is turned. I have machined a race engine crankshaft from billet using only a milling machine(Grinding and heat treat of course also).

This is the same in the lathe as Y axis is Y axis, mill Z axis is lathe X axis, and the rotation of part is C on the lathe and A in the mill.

You need a YXC interpolation. Sorry, dont know code for a Mori. One the Fadal the code would look like this:

G91G3G15G18A360.K-44. (TO MAKE CRANK STROKE OF 88MM)

Good luck! Mamma mia!!