587,848 active members*
3,059 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Mori Seki SL-O H/Fanuc how to upload pro?

Question Mori Seki SL-O H/Fanuc how to upload pro?

I need some help with info on uploading programs or adding a tape via computer handshake? My machine atr work is a Mori Sekiwith Fanuc from 1984...I believe. The control unit is a MFNC-L1 and at the current time is holding 6 programs. I have to edit other programs or delete one all the time to run my parts and it is time consuming. The manuals I have talk about memory expansion or tapes but my computer literacy is minimal and this is old computer terminology to say the least.... Please help.....
    Thanks, beckylee

Are you using anything to upload now? or do you need details on hooking up to a PC?
    If you want memory expansion see http://www.tulipmemory.com/
    Or in the meantime www.cadem.com has details on the cable and parameters to set for RS2232 via a PC. Is this a Fanuc 0 control?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Lightbulb

You could also use a BTR, which emulates a tape reader. I use one made by ADR (www.adrco.com) in an old Mori with fanuc 6T control.

6T serial port

The original 6T control was available with either an RS232 serial port OR a Facit 4070 tape punch port.

Some early 6Ts were shipped with a 25-pin female serial plug under the little "flapper-door" on the outside of the control. Others were shipped with a Facit 4070/ASR port under that flapper door. If you have the Facit plug (a blue plastic 20-pin plug), you can convert the control to a standard RS232 port with a new internal cable and a bit of board surgery. You can tell a 6T-A from the later 6T-B controls by the fact that they only had one or the other type of port, but never both.

Later Fanuc 6T-B control have BOTH of these plugs, and either one can be used. The B models also had a bunch of additional parameters. The A model parameter screen would only page up to about 160 or so. The B models have more parameters above 300.

If you need to convert a Fanuc 6T-A with a Facit 4070 port to RS232, download this MS-Word document file from our website:

http://www.sub-soft.com/download/fanuc_6a.doc

I just want to say thanks for this info guys I have been looking for this, just had to figure out what to search for it, again thanks.

Andy