588,500 active members*
4,964 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Haven't gotten that far, but i'll look to that. Looking at this I would think that the two X Axes would turn in opposite directions (clockwise/Counter CW) in order to move the whole gantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan Basses View Post
    Haven't gotten that far, but i'll look to that. Looking at this I would think that the two X Axes would turn in opposite directions (clockwise/Counter CW) in order to move the whole gantry.
    Mine both turn in the same direction.

I initially set them up for opposite and got the ca-clunk....with a few other really bad noises.....

Quote Originally Posted by mlabruyere View Post
    You may need to reverse the direction of the A axis in Mach.
    Looking for that setting now.

Looking for that setting now.
    It's under Config -->Homing/Limits you just check or uncheck it.

I looked at my configuration in Mach.....I didn't know about re-assigning the keyboard back a while ago so I reversed both the X and the A. I need to fix that now that I know how to do it. I did a lot of "let's try this" when I was first getting the machine up and running....

Okay. I tightened up the turnbuckle a bit. (had to saw down the screws) and it is a bit better. No ca-klunk, but there still is a short "hop" after the initial move. Gotta try and isolate that, whether its alignment or engine direction.
    Still a bit unsure about the direction of the A, as the hop is there, no matter what i configure it to do in Mach.

I'm thinking the rack is a few 32s out of alignment from the other side. Disconnected the A and all went well without a hop.
    Will work on that, but how's this for a pain in the ass: The wires to the y stepper pulled out of the housing. Trying to put that back together, but they don't have any crimping mechanism inside. What a *****.

Check your bearings too and ensure none of them are cracked....had one on mine. If I disconnected the screws and moved the gantry by hand I would get the pop every inch or so since the bearing was cracked.

Check your bearings too and ensure none of them are cracked....had one on mine. If I disconnected the screws and moved the gantry by hand I would get the pop every inch or so since the bearing was cracked.
    also check your racks for nicks and dings a good honeing stone may help
    just a thought
    ghostlx
    http://www.pure-teck.com/home.html

A bit of success and a bit of failure.
    Success = Realign all the carriages to assure that the bearings are all making contact. Clamping and adjusting, clamping and adjusting. I slaved the A drive to X and then set the A to run in reverse in the homing/limits. Now the thing rips.
    Failure = The wires that got pulled from the Y connecter need to be reconnected again. The Y motor isn't turning. They really skimped on that aspect when the manufactured the motors. No way to crimp the wires down. Need to take apart and try again. They got pulled because i stepped on the wire. Dumb.
    On top of that, it appears that i lost a set screw for the coupler. It's the absolute smallest part to the whole kit. Will need to find one somewhere.

Home Depot and Lowes have setscrews in their hardware departments. They are in the "special" parts drawers in the hardware isle.

Hah!. I'll try, but HD didn't have T-Track or anything else i've needed on my last five visits.

Home Depot and Lowes have setscrews in their hardware departments. They are in the "special" parts drawers in the hardware isle.

Hah!. I'll try, but HD didn't have T-Track or anything else i've needed on my last five visits.
    Yeah...you will not find T-Track or most anything else for CNC or even good woodworking....but set screws I did find.

just checking how is the build going . hopeing to see some video of your machine.
    thanks for your time
    ghostlx
    http://www.pure-teck.com/home.html

Closeness

Hi All. Just posting an update to let you know i didn't fall off the map. Machine is now up and running, just going through the tuning process. I should have more to report in the next few days, including a video of it driving around.
    I do have to say that for the price, i'm very impressed with the results. I think other manufacturers are going to have a hard time competing.

Page 2 of 2 12