587,256 active members*
2,877 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > My work in progress, suggestions welcome!

My work in progress, suggestions welcome!

Well, I have most of the wood working done, waiting on the drill rod and bearings to show up and still looking for some steppers to run this thing… But anyway, here is what I have so far…

All the joints are rabbited, glued and nailed. Chose the JohnDeere color skeem...

I welcome any suggestions... It is easer to fix it now than after I get it all done!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc-mpg.jpg  

looks like a pretty darn good start!
    Stop talking about it and do it already!!!!!

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

That's a pretty old John Deer, I can see the crank for starting it sticking out of the middle. HeHe ;=)

What size drill rod are you using and what kind of bearings.

Good looking machine, keep the photos comming.
    Hager

I orderd 1" drill rod for the x and y axis and 3/4 for the z. The bearings are http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=325-7583 and http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=325-7589. I just have to take extra care in mounting the bearings so they don't bind!

With every axis having two shafts, alignment in all directions is critical and not easy to do.
    That's one nice thing about Crankey's shaft mounts, there's pleanty of adjustment to get the job done.

I'v started two times to write a procedure for bearing setup and alignment, not happy with either. Want to make it simpler but yet accurate.
    Hager

Chips, I had thought of that. Luckley, the bearings are inexpensive and if they prove to be too difficult to adjust, i can revert to the rollerblade bearing design... I beleave that the 1" drill rod will be stiffer than the gas pipe and smoother as well... although, the drill rod is more expensive than gas pipe but greatly cheaper than linear rails!