587,990 active members*
5,486 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Need a 80mm spindle mount (for chinesse spindles)

Need a 80mm spindle mount (for chinesse spindles)

Hi

Where I can find a 80mm spindle mount, for a 2.2kw spindle (80mm diameter)?

I have emailed several CNC parts sellers, USA based, asking about stock and hole pattern on their mounts (that they list as a product on their respective sites), but to my surprise, it seems that this market "moves" a little different from others, and I'm not very familiar with how it seems to work (no replies, or at the best case, very "minimal" single-line, single-time replies and no follow up to purchase questions)

It is the first time that I have found Asian sellers to provide better customer support (and that says a lot)

So, if there is a place to source this mount, or if a forum user can fabricate one, please let me know.

Thank you

I got mine from velox cnc before it was Velox, I emailed them a few times trying to get just the 80mm brackets to replace the 3.5" units I had, to re use the old backing plate and the price difference between the brackets and the entire mount was so small it wasn't worth the trouble, ended up getting an entire mount from them on Ebay for $10 more than the quoted price for just the brackets.

Seemed really difficult to get anything from them outside of an Ebay purchase.

I would get the single piece unit from cncrouterparts, it's not hard to drill and tap mounting holes for it if yours don't already line up.

Sent from tapatalk

Thanks, yes I have already emailed them, and it seems that they don't have it in stock.

The issue is that I would prefer to get something bolt-on ready, as I really don't have the tools (or the experience) to do precision mods (hence building a CNC, I have more confidence on the precision of a computer than on my hand)

My z axis plate is 4'' x 1'' 10-32 holes (and 2'' x 1'')

Can you post a picture or elaborate on the dimensions of your z plate?

Sent from tapatalk

Ummm, I don't understand the difficulty here, I just entered "80mm spindle mount" on ebay and straight away a bunch came up:

80mm spindle mount | eBay

As with any of them you may need to adjust the Z-Axis mounting holes to suit your machine.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Well, if you re-read this part of my previous post, you might understand:

"The issue is that I would prefer to get something bolt-on ready"

That is why I posted here offering (I will pay materials and time of course) if someone want to make a mount for me (after all, most of the users here have CNC's right? and that is what CNC do)

Probably you might want to take a second look at those mounts on ebay, all of them are the same "ultra high quality spindle mount" (wondering why they call it that way those unfinished casted mounts), and are specifically for some type of machine (seems that they use some kind of slot or rail to mount them), they don't even have space for mounting holes so some kind of clamping has to be fabricated (yeah a mount for a mount), and that is really a little against the "bolt-on" that I'm looking for.

Here is the z axis:

and the plate drawing:

The CNCRouterParts is 2.5'' x 1 so it seems that I can't simply drill the plate to fit it.

Generally if you want a part made you need a detailed drawing or "print" with tolerances and materials listed, and you post in the RFQ (request for quote) section. Otherwise you make off the shelf parts work for you. Accurately placing holes and drilling/tapping them should be a skill you posses if building your own router, and should be an easy, painless task.

Sent from tapatalk

Yes, thank you.

That is a little weird, I searched over and over again every single section (cause I remembered something like "ask for quote" or so section) but I didn't find it. But now that you post RFQ, there is it, right in the front

About tapping and drilling, well yes, actually not really an advanced skill, is it? We all know how to do that, but when you are in a "non-USA" country, where you have to spend couple of months for a part to be delivered (and after international shipping costs and custom fees*), lets say that you really don't want to drill it a little off and find that you need to get a new part, so I would prefer (as much as possible, of course) a "standard" part ready to be used.

*Just to illustrate, I purchased $400 of 8020 alum for the frame from a USA supplier, paid $700 on shipping and customs.

Where are you located?
    you should be drilling and tapping the z plate, not the mount. Or you could easily make an adapter plate from aluminum that bolts to your z plate and has holes drilled and tapped into it to accept whatever mount you get.

And pretty much no matter which mount you get, cncrp, China or velox, you will have to shim it for perfect tram, at least that has been my experience with them.

Sent from tapatalk

Sorry, I didn't see you'd asked if a member was able to fabricate it, but as Dylwad pointed out, drilling and tapping four holes is most definitely going to be the very least of your problems when building a cnc. Trying to get anything out of the ordinary will generally greatly increase costs for you.

These mounts are the most commonly available ones, and if you look you'll find the vast majority of similar US supplied ones are actually the one and same item, just at a higher price!

So far as your concern at stuffing it up doing it yourself, simply re-do them a little lower of higher if that happens!

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!