548,594 active members*
2,716 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    *Registered User*
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    15

    Need a schematic

    I am in need of the schematic for Fanuc board A16b-1000-0010-08f. The feedback connection for the z motor encoder is not working on the board side. It was verified to not be working by swapping x and y feedback cables in its place.
    Many thanks, Dan

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    80

    Re: Need a schematic

    Its been a while but if I recall correctly there are 2 chips associated with the main chunk of axis functionality on the older series controls.
    A black square chip (DAC?) and a grey rectangular chip with a gold name plate (VLSI?).
    I think the VLSI is a plug in (although the 1st 2 axis could be solder) and could possibly be your issue.
    I recall having to add these on occasion when adding a spindle or 3rd axis.
    I could also be recalling a different series control as well. Sorry I cant be more definitive but it could be a starting point.

    There are also usually straps for each axis on that board. Possibly one fell off or is loose?

  3. #3
    *Registered User*
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by oetkbyentc View Post
    Its been a while but if I recall correctly there are 2 chips associated with the main chunk of axis functionality on the older series controls.
    A black square chip (DAC?) and a grey rectangular chip with a gold name plate (VLSI?).
    I think the VLSI is a plug in (although the 1st 2 axis could be solder) and could possibly be your issue.
    I recall having to add these on occasion when adding a spindle or 3rd axis.
    I could also be recalling a different series control as well. Sorry I cant be more definitive but it could be a starting point.

    There are also usually straps for each axis on that board. Possibly one fell off or is loose?
    I have checked the jumpers and they are correct. I have a feeling the problem is on the board in a chip or something. Maybe a bad capacitor?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    80

    Re: Need a schematic

    Maybe try swapping the 2nd (Z) and 3rd (spindle) VLSI chips. They should be exactly the same part # but confirm that..

  5. #5
    *Registered User*
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by oetkbyentc View Post
    Maybe try swapping the 2nd (Z) and 3rd (spindle) VLSI chips. They should be exactly the same part # but confirm that..
    Before I try that I need to positively identify the VLSI chips. Can you point them out in this picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20211031_200501.jpg  

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    80

    Re: Need a schematic

    3 grey chips with gold squares on the face 3/4 of the way down under the white Burndy connector. There is a white IC directly to the right. VLSI layout left to right; axis 1, 2, and spindle. Board may be etched with names or axis number. I believe the 3 square chips stacked vertically to the left are the dacs. Maintenance manual identifies all 3 chips as being the same but a visual check cant hurt. I looked through my archive and haven't located any 3 maintenance drawings.

  7. #7
    *Registered User*
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by oetkbyentc View Post
    3 grey chips with gold squares on the face 3/4 of the way down under the white Burndy connector. There is a white IC directly to the right. VLSI layout left to right; axis 1, 2, and spindle. Board may be etched with names or axis number. I believe the 3 square chips stacked vertically to the left are the dacs. Maintenance manual identifies all 3 chips as being the same but a visual check cant hurt. I looked through my archive and haven't located any 3 maintenance drawings.
    Ok I just wanted to make sure I knew which ones you meant. When I talked to the Fanuc tech he told me to try swapping the one on the right with one of the others. I did with no change. I think the next step is touching up the solder connection on the back of some of the chips/sockets you mentioned.

  8. #8
    Registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1256

    Re: Need a schematic

    I have the scanned schematics. Send me an email cnc@tulipmemory.com.

Similar Threads

  1. ub1 schematic
    By MARV in forum DIY CNC Router Table Machines
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2020, 08:44 PM
  2. 5 axis schematic
    By eloid in forum DIY CNC Router Table Machines
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-31-2013, 09:54 AM
  3. RS 232 Schematic
    By behindpropeller in forum Haas Mills
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 08:08 PM
  4. Schematic Available?
    By Don Peterson in forum Hobbycnc (Products)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 03:31 PM
  5. need FANUC schematic
    By recycleroy in forum Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 10:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •