588,103 active members*
5,303 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Need Help Interact Series 1 MK2 strange startup screen

Question Need Help Interact Series 1 MK2 strange startup screen

First I want to say hello, I am new to this site and this is my first post.
    I recently got a Bridgeport Series 1 MK2 with the heidenhain controls. All my experience in the past has been with Herco's and Milltronics machines. I have a small shop at my place and this machine looked literaly brand new and at a price I thought I couldn't refuse, maybe I should have. I went to power it up and I have a very strange start up screen, the top part is in German/Dutch or ? and the bottom has some english language. Down the left side it has a long list of numbers starting with MP, than on the right side there is a list of numbers and they are all zero's, I can change these numbers if needed. Nothing else on the controller or machine powers up, when certain keys are pressed the message changes at the top of the screen, but it is still in a foreign language, it appears to be an error message though.

First how do I get it back to all english and any idea what this means, has the memory/operating system been wiped clean?

Please Help, thanks

[email protected]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 149_4955.JPG   149_4956.JPG   149_4957.JPG  

re

You have lost your parameters, it is telling you to enter them. There is a parameter to make it in english, maybe someone has it at their fingertips, I don't right now

see attached.
    Check control back up battery.

George
    Attached Files Attached Files
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Good news and possibly very bad news

George, thanks for the parameters, the batteries were wasted, I replaced them and entered the codes you sent as best as I could. On line 710.0 as well as the other blank lines there was nothing on your sheet but the closest I could get was +0 on any of the blank lines. I didn't have a line 3110 , 3240.3 ,5110.0-5120.3 , I did have a line 7120.2 that you didn't show.

The good news is things are now in English, I was able to get to the X,Y,Z screen but now I have a new problem, I had the cabinet open when I turned the power on and blue sparks flew as well as a breaker tripping. I am including a picture for lack of being better able to explain it, the sparks came out from the under the aluminum cover at the top left, the breaker that tripped is the last one in the line(lower right), it is 3 amp.

I reset the breaker and am getting a power interrupted message when I turn the power on now and when I press the manual key I get the message that is in the other photo.

What did I fry(?) or what was the cause and where can I get a replacement if i need it. Any other ideas before my wife tears me a new one for buying this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 149_4958.JPG   149_4961.JPG  

r

you have lost 24volts, perhaps the supply went south. perhaps unrelated, I don't believe there is anything you could have done to precipitate this. You need to chase back and see if you have 24 volts anywhere. BTW you will get the same message if the EMO is in on startup

There are 2 24VDC power supplies in this machine. One power the control power supply, the other the relays, etc. they are in the right side cabinet, top, center. They do go out quite often. Check power in, transformers for correct taps, etc. as well.
    The blanks are typically machine specific parameters. Backlash, travel limits to each side of the home switch etc.
    All these machines came with a red box with the manuals and a hard copy of the machine parameters.
    You can see if the prior owner was smart enough to have downloaded the parameters to his PC and if he could provide a copy.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the info, the problem is I am just about at my limit in understanding this electrical stuff. I am a T&D maker by trade and can just about tear down or put anything "mechanical" back together, this electrical stuff just frazzels me though.

I really don't know where to turn to next, is anyone near Indianapolis that can help out?

thanks

power supply

I removed the power supply, definatly something wrong. It is a COUTANT model HSH60C-13 it is a 230 volt .5A input and 24 volt 2.5A output. I just don't want to give up no matter how frustating this is, will probably have lot's of questions in the future, just hate to give up on the machine because it is just like brand new condition.
    Thanks

re

one would think any commercially available 24v supply with those specs would do the job. As long as it is the supply, not a fuse or other issue

I contacted Lambda Coutant, they no longer make that model, they recommended a replacement but I either need to go bigger or slightly smaller. The output on the old one is 24V and 2.5A, the one they recommended is 24V and 4.5A, the smaller one is 2.2A output.

Any ideas? here are some pictures of the supply, thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 149_4966.JPG   149_4971.JPG  

There are usually loads of little power supplies on Ebay.In the UK the Siemens Sitop one is very common.I always keep a couple spare on the shelf.
    Mark.