587,213 active members*
3,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > need help operatoring a hass Rotary Table

Question need help operatoring a hass Rotary Table

Hello,

Im trying to engrave a part using the rotary axis but I dont know how to operate the rotary axis.

any ideas?

thank you,

You must give us many many more details. We can't read minds or see you setup.
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

One idea I have generally found useful is to read the manual.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Pretty novel approach, Geof.
    Worth a try!

Im using a rotary table similar to this picture ,expect the rotary table I am using you can use collects.Attachment 208764

There is a collect in the rotary axis . I want to take the collect out and put a new one in. I'm tying to take out the collect by pressing mdi and typing in m11, then cycle start. Finally, I move the switch to unclamp. When I do this the collect does not want to come out and I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you,

Nice easy one this. I have used it with Macro's to produce some really nice parts. using this method, rather than typing it all out I have stolen it from the HAAS website.

Cylindrical Mapping •If your Haas machine has a full 4th axis you can use the standard control system function called G107 Cylindrical Mapping to translate linear axis move into a rotary axis move and essentially 'wrap' the programmed path onto the surface of the cylinder or rotary part and this includes the Haas engraving function G47.

•G107 (CYLINDRICAL MAPPING) translates all programmed motion occurring in a specified linear axis into the equivalent motion along the surface of a cylinder (attached to a rotary axis). Its default operation is subject to Setting 56(M30 RESTORE DEFAULT G). The G107 command is used to either activate or deactivate cylindrical mapping. Remember to turn it off at the end of the program, unless you want to keep using it.
    •Any linear-axis program can be cylindrically mapped to any rotary axis (one at a time).
    •An existing linear-axis G-code program can be cylindrically mapped without modification by inserting a G107 command at the beginning of the program.
    •The radius (or diameter) of the cylindrical surface can be redefined, allowing cylindrical mapping to occur along surfaces of different diameters without having to change the program.
    •The radius (or diameter) of the cylindrical surface can either be synchronized with or be independent of the rotary axis diameter(s) specified in the Settings page.