587,997 active members*
3,202 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Need help regarding G02 and Go3 errors

Hybrid View

Need help regarding G02 and Go3 errors

Hi All,
    Can anyone guide me to what I'm doing wrong please?

I have an Okuma OSP5020L controller and after I run this simple program I always get error saying (452 Alarm-B Data word circle cal 3). The program is the following:

N10 G00 Z550
    N20 T0707
    N30 G50 S1100 S100 M04
    N100 G00 X0 Z200
    N110 G02 X5 Z205 I0 K205 (I also tried using G90 and G91 with this line)
    N400 M05 M30

Thanks

Your I a K values are not correct. You are only moving 5 MM but you are telling the control your circle center point is 205 mm away from your start point.

I'd try using the L value instead of I and K and let the control figure out the circle center point (or R if you are on a M/C). Your circle center is not an absolute coordinate, it is incremental from start point.

In your case use L5 in the line to fix it.

Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Melitech View Post
    Hi All,

I have an Okuma OSP5020L controller and after I run this simple program I always get error saying (452 Alarm-B Data word circle cal 3). The program is the following:

N10 G00 Z550
    N20 T0707
    N30 G50 S1100 S100 M04
    N100 G00 X0 Z200
    N400 M05 M30

Thanks
    This is really far off, You are starting your tool 200 MM away from zero? Ok maybe your zero is behind the face of your part. You are still only moving on the Z axis 5 MM and on the X axis 5 MM ?? Concave radius, or convex going towards the front of the part?

Like OW said lose the IK commands and stick with L values but the L value needs to be half of the X value, if you want a full radius.

The sample posted would be a lot easier to interpret if the face of the part were zero and you were moving toward the chuck in minus increment. The G90/G91 will just complicate things. If I am understanding correctly this is very simple, just not so much.

Robert
    The beaten path, is exclusively for beaten men.

Thanks littlerob and OkumaWiz, yesterday I had already tried using the L instead of I and K. I am new with cnc lathe, when we bought this second hand lathe it was supposed to be in good working condition but most parameters were badly set or set to zero as if it had been reset in some way. manuals were supposed to come with the machine but the only manuals were of no help. However this last week I managed to get it running, probably understood most of the parameter setting and played around with it including threads. Rounding off was the last thing needed before starting with more complex things. So I need to understand correctly how this G02/G03 works. I will try again what you wrote and eventually ask more questions.... hehe... I sometimes become a child myself passing through that "Why, What and How" phase.
    Thanks again and have a good day or weekend, here we just began Friday's work.
    Cheers

Hi again Littlerob and Okumawiz, I used your help to understand better and now I think I got it. Thanks again.

Cheers

Nicky

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Melitech View Post
    Hi All,

N10 G00 Z550
    N20 T0707
    N30 G50 S1100 S100 M04
    N100 G00 X0 Z200
    N400 M05 M30

Thanks
    Assuming that your Z axis ZERO Point is at the back face, and the part is 200mm long... fair enough... do not let anyone bully you into thinking this is wrong! It is NOT! It is just another way of setting your Zero point and programming. I use Z0 at the back face all the time on our Lathes.
    A few questions to clarify what you are trying to achieve:
    1. Are you trying to machine a 5mm radius on the end of a bar?
    2. Internal or External radius?
    3. The Radius direction you have chosen is Clockwise so your program is Rapid move to Z200 then trying to machine to Z205! i.e moving away from the chuck...
    4. Is the Radius a FULL radius? i.e. are you trying to machine half a sphere on the end of a shaft?

One other problem that I assume you just left off for the sake of brevity is that you have stopped the spindle at the end of the arc and the ended the program! Not a good idea to do that if you do not want broken inserts, marks on the job etc...
    Do you have a sketch of the shape it is you are trying to program?
    Hope this helps also.
    Regards
    Brian.

Hi Broby,
    Thanks for your help, however I had already solved this some days ago and yes, I wrote a very short version since I just needed some tips to understand how the G02 /G03 was working. I always keep it short and direct to get an answer for the required query. I hope it didn't get you mixed up. Thanks alot anyway. Hope we'll be of help in the future to one another.

Have a good week
    Nicky