So, I've been struggling with this for the last 2 months. I have given my all, watched enough youtube videos to cry myself to sleep for 2 months and have read all the forum postings on Huangyang VFD, so much so I may be able to recite the settings by heart.

The main problem really is the setup I have is not the same as everything that I have watched/ read, and I know nothing about electrical wiring (or as my wife likes to remind me) anything.

Background:

I bought a CNC machine around 7 years ago (based on the famous 3040 CNC router but in a cabinet) thinking I was going to be using it to save the world. I am an architect but was slowly getting myself into trouble aka a field I had no experience, knowledge OR capability in. Life soon took over, the machine was sitting in storage but finally, after an upheaval I decided to take the challenge of learning how to use it. The first thing I realised was that the board took a serial port connection. So that had to go. I swiftly purchased the following board so that I could hook my laptop up to it and control it via the USB:

https://buildyourcnc.com/item/electr...ach3-USB-Board

The wiring for ease is here:

https://www.buildyourcnc.com/images/...iagram-800.jpg

Everything worked fine, I could jog the spindle and manually control it. I thought it was easy and I could now start my own CNC machine factory. Then I thought how hard could it be to connect it to Mach 3 and control the speed and direction of the spindle?? First thing I did was somehow burn the inverter. So I purchased a new one called the RM101 (I have attached the barely understandable english catalogue).

I originally thought that I could control the speed of the spindle by using relays. I could not switch the spindle on. Then I thought ah.... maybe I need to control it via 'PWM'? So I followed the instructions and again nothing happened. At some point I did manage to switch on the spindle (when I say this I mean the control panel showed the spindle to be 'RUN' although it never spun). That is where I have been reduced to less of a man..... I have tried everything but I fear my manhood depends heavily on the help you gentlemen can offer. Without it, I fear I may either burn my studio down, or kill my wife whichever comes first.