587,402 active members*
3,104 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    dcencer Guest

Need ProLight 2000 ATC Software & Help

I have a 4-tool ATC unit for my ProLight 2000, but don't have the software that controls this unit. I also need to talk to someone who has experience with one of these because I need to know how to set it up and use it. I have the manual, but I can't tell if I need a separate PC from the one that controls the ProLight 2000 or not. Do the controllers use the same port on the PC? Do I control the ATC with the accesory outputs on the back of the ProLight 2000?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Hi there,

You can download the software for the Prolight 2000 with ATC on the web. I also have it and can zip and email it to you- it's a free download since these machines are no longer supported. You only need one computer to run the machine- and you do not need one of the control boxes- everything needed to make the machine go is in the "backpack". The computer should run a true DOS base- such as Win98 or Win95 or plain ol' DOS. The DOS emulation in Win2K and XP will not do the job. I use Win98 and it is great.

We're just getting familiar with one of these machines as well- it's been sitting around for a bit but that is soon to change. No tool changer- so I can't help you with that. This is the first time I have experienced a servo system- the silence while the thing moves still freaks me out- not to mention the speed compared to my stepper systems.

I'm not in the shop right now so I can't look- but I think there is only one serial cable to connect the mill to the PC. I also have a cable running from the 4th axis to the underside of the backpack. However, I have an older version of the 2000 with the power switch on the back- the later models had the power switch on the front and a lot of stuff going on in the back that I am not familiar with- although setup of hardware is covered in the PLM2000 user manuals I think.

Ryan

Hi my name is Rosalio Moreno im from grand junction colorado, i have a prolight 2000 but i cant get comunication between the computer and the machine, i not sure if i have the right cable for it, or how to hook it up on the computer, please! i will really apreciate any help to fix the problem.

thanks.