588,136 active members*
6,112 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > New control on Biesse Rover 15

Lightbulb New control on Biesse Rover 15

Hello, all!
    I want to tell you about big challenge that we think up for itself)
    We have a woodworking machining center Biesse Rover 15 with NC410 control system.
    Bad fact that this controller is dead, for a year now. All attempts to revive it were failed.
    Of course we asked for prices for new controller board, but, taking into account currency exchange rates , this price was inacceptable.
    So machine owner decicded to convert this center for Mach3 (maybe 4 in future) control, with minimum functionality, for a while)

Wish me for a good luck)

PS. I have been working for two days, but began to feel conflicting emotions to desiners of this machine.
    There is one third of wires without labels, not to mention of pneumatics, that all unlabeled! :tired:

And i thinking that i'll need a huge Modbus I/O board(s) to implemet full functionalty.

I'll be glad to answer questions.

Making new control cables.

This machine equipped with first generation of Yaskawa Sigma Drives - SGDB-05VD on X axis, and SGDB-03VD on Y and Z axes.
    Interesting fact - Z axis weight compesation is pneumatical, therefore there is no brake in Z axis servo.

Service SCM BR Guest

Re: New control on Biesse Rover 15

Contact for Yaskawa. They help you ir contact te Service Biesse +39 0721 439500

Via iPhone of the Tapatalk

Thanks a lot! But i think is too late))
    Sorry for poor coverage, i have not enoght time to post, because all this happening in another city, and i wanted to go back home up to Chrismas)

Machine alredy controlled by Mach3 with single base mode, with main spindle with ATC.
    In early february i'll going again, to continue retrofit this machine, and give more photos and videos.

I have to say that is no any problems with servo and VFD.
    Intresting fact - servo was controlled from NC410 via V-REF analog input with external loopback, and i have to switch them to pulse/sign mode. So Yaskawa servos working perfect since 1998(!)
    There was some concern about VFD (Unidrive UNI2404), it have a RS-485 interface module, but with ANSI protocol, so i was unable to connect it to Mach3 via Modbus, and i have to connect it with good old analog interface. Works fine.

Now I have objectives:
    -Make my own Modbus boards based on HSD-Biesse I/O boards Attachment 263764
    I have already developed PCB.
    -Configure machine with working with two bases
    -Add auxiliary tool holders-lifts (three-tool toolchanger is to small for us). I think we'll add six pneumo cylinders with nest like toolholders.
    -And we still think how to add a auxiliary horisontal spindle specialy for making pocket for doorlock.

Bye!

Hello, I need help, we have a rover 15 years in 1998, the same model, with the damaged command, without concert, we bought is used machine and did not follow the electric manual, you would have? could operate the mach 3?
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by armazem5 View Post
    Hello, I need help, we have a rover 15 years in 1998, the same model, with the damaged command, without concert, we bought is used machine and did not follow the electric manual, you would have? could operate the mach 3?
    thank you
    Just purchased one of these as well.

Got print copies of the manuals and schematics.

Do you have a specific set of images you need?

The schematic is loose-leaf, so I'll probably scan the whole thing within a week.