587,184 active members*
3,621 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > New Guy-Looking for more info on Tool Management Macro 16i-MB

New Guy-Looking for more info on Tool Management Macro 16i-MB

edit...

Mods please delete this. I concluded that I have asked very vague questions to which I wouldn't aquire the answer I would be looking for. I will restate my questions with more info. Thanks

you deleted all of your question?

Tool Life Management is an option. I don't think you can fake it with a macro. at least it wouldn't be easy. it might be possible to make it change a tool after X number of parts but that is not Tool Life Management.

if you have the option all you need to do is pre-set all the tools then make tool groups with the correct tools (i.e. identical replacements) and the machine will change tools when required.

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    you deleted all of your question?

Tool Life Management is an option. I don't think you can fake it with a macro. at least it wouldn't be easy. it might be possible to make it change a tool after X number of parts but that is not Tool Life Management.

if you have the option all you need to do is pre-set all the tools then make tool groups with the correct tools (i.e. identical replacements) and the machine will change tools when required.
    The duration the spindle is running equates reasonable closely to the time the tool is engaged in cutting. Accordingly, without the Tool Life Management Option, macro programs called with M3, M4 and M5 can be used to accumulate the time the spindle is running for each tool, or for those tools where Tool Life Management is required.

The accumulated time is stored in a non volatile, common variable. When a set time is reached, the store variable is reset and the control uses a different, identical tool. The algorithm for determining the correct replacement tool number is relatively easy based on the Tool Number of the current spindle tool.

Regards,

Bill

Not easy for him. He's clearly not a macro guru.
    Since you obviously know everything feel free to provide a solution......

Ya, alas I'm just starting out learning about macros. I understand the purpose of them, but don't understand the language and variables quite yet. I deleted my questions because I found it somewhat pointless to ask a question to something I should first have a better understanding of.

Also, I realized that one machine has a Blum laser indicater on it and I'll start with understanding how to first run and program that piece of equipment.

Just a bit of background, I've entered the field of CNC less than a year ago. I will like to say that I am a fast learner, but still a new...er.....rookie. I'm incharge of 2 Horizontals at work that I'm always learning new stuff on and both use the Fanuc 16i-MB comtrols.

I did find a book on Marco B that I picked up and will go through that to gain a better understanding of Macros before asking questions on them again.

Thanks for the feedback so far!
    Matt

Hmmmm. No solution provided. Hmmmm, that's........ interesting.

I found this tool life management macro on another site.
    Note that this macro is Macro A.
    Macro A Tips and Tricks