587,420 active members*
3,082 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New guy needing help

Hey guys, I'm new to the site even though I've visited several times to find some answers to some problems where I work. Finally joined up! Anyway, I need some help. The main board went out on our fanuc drive unit, so we replaced the whole unit and had to reload the program into our machine again (Leadwell V-40). Started it up today and the Y axis home position is off considerably, I then discovered that Y axis polarity is off. When I want to move it in the negative direction, it moves positive, vise versa. This is in jog,rapid, and handle modes so I know it isnt just the switch being stuck on. Any idea or help would be greatly appreciated!

This sounds like a question for whoever it was that sold you that new Fanuc drive unit, or failing that (if you got it off Ebay or something), for Fanuc themselves: FANUC Factory Automation | CNC Products for Machine Tool Builders, Dealers and End-Users | Top 100 CNC Global Innovator

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

What is the DRO displaying? usually changing the axis direction on a Fanuc is a bit setting from 1 to -1 or vice-versa.
    What is the control?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

the Controller type is a Fanuc Oi-MB. The display unit is only displaying the current position of the three axis', part count, cycle count ect. That seems normal. The Actual drive isnt a new one, its from another machine we havent used in some time (v-30) but its the same Drive unit serial and parts number wise. That machine ran a different part however, so I am thinking something in the parameters or the system information is different maybe? I'm not sure what parameter or keep relay it would be to flip polarity.

Question

RTFM. Read The Friendly Manual, if you have one. Parameters will be not quite right.
    EXACTLY? the same machine. Well almost, probably.
    Will the ECU out of last year's car plug into this year's model? It, might but it will be lucky if it works.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Do you have a screen like this?
    2022 set axis dir to 111 or -111.
    Al.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.