588,211 active members*
4,017 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > NEW - Mastercam X Lathe Video Training CD

NEW - Mastercam X Lathe Video Training CD

Now Available For The First Time Anywhere.

TFM Video Training For Mastercam X Lathe
    Press this link for more details.
    http://www.tipsformanufacturing.com/html/x_lathe_1.html

After the last conversation we had here regarding video training material, someone sent me a Mastercam X2 Demo Disk. With that I was able to produce this new Mastercam X Lathe video training CD. This will work for anyone with X or X2.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Good for you Mike!! Glad to see you keep making these.

Does it deal with C axis as well?

You made a CD tutorial from a Demo?? That is cool!!! Great Job!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Is there a way we can see sample from that CD? I would be interested in purchasing such material, but first I would like to take a look at what's inside.

Mike Mattera is good for his word

* Create Lathe Drawings From A Print
    * Import DWG & DXF Files & Prep Them For Machining
    * Import Solid Models & Prep The For Machining.
    * Roughing Operations For ID & OD.
    * Finishing Operations For ID & OD.
    * Grooving Operations For ID & OD.
    * Threading Operations For ID & OD.
    * Creating Stock Boundaries For Billets and Tubes.
    * Toolpath Backplot Control Options.
    * Machine Front and Back With The “Stock Flip” Command.

You can bank that these Features above will be covered in his Tutorial.

I bought an MCV9 to study at home for a new job about a year ago and it was very informative. He includes tips tricks and need to know info.

Cheers!!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Wink

Thanks for the answer. I was expected Mike Materra to reply back (he is the one who's selling the CD), but I'll give it a try based on your good rating .

Cheers

P.S. Still don't know whether the CD mentions about C axis...

I would say it does not just but looking at what he says it covers. There are example of C axis work in the sample folders. If you download the sample files from the Mastercam web site you can access them.

Mike is well known for making world class video's and the one's I see were of a very good quality.

There's only so much you can pack into a CD with it becoming overwhelming. It does not cover C axis. It would say so in the description if it did. There's lots that people dont know about the basic Rough, Finish, Groove, Thread, that need to be covered first, before jumping into C axis.

There will be another CD that will cover C axis & Y axis work. But that CD will assume you know what on the first Lathe CD.

You wont be disappointed with the quality and content of this CD. I dont have any sample videos of the Lathe CD because frankly, these files are so big. This is Hi Resolution video at 1280 x 1024 with hi quality audio. No static of hiss on these CD's. I think a number of people world wide will vouch for the quality of the content of my CD's. I really think this is my best work yet.

Thanks,

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mattera View Post
    There's only so much you can pack into a CD with it becoming overwhelming. It does not cover C axis. It would say so in the description if it did. There's lots that people dont know about the basic Rough, Finish, Groove, Thread, that need to be covered first, before jumping into C axis.

There will be another CD that will cover C axis & Y axis work. But that CD will assume you know what on the first Lathe CD.

You wont be disappointed with the quality and content of this CD. I dont have any sample videos of the Lathe CD because frankly, these files are so big. This is Hi Resolution video at 1280 x 1024 with hi quality audio. No static of hiss on these CD's. I think a number of people world wide will vouch for the quality of the content of my CD's. I really think this is my best work yet.

Thanks,

Mike Mattera

i know the description says stock flip for machining both sides of the part, how about stock transfer to the sub spindle for complete machining
    If you can ENVISION it I can make it

The focus of this CD is the core concepts for Mastercam Lathe. Rough, Finish, Groove, Face, Thread & Cut off. I could probably do a whole CD just on Groove. But the idea is to give a complete understanding of the important "core" lathe functionality. These are this things you have to know before moving on to Multi-axis lathe functionality.

Most people that want to purchase my CD's will ask questions about the geometry input. "does it show me how to use DWG/DXF files" or "does it show how to use Solidworks files". This is the other focus of the Cd. How to deal with different geometry types, as well as drawing in Mastercam for use on a lathe. We show you how to bring in a DXF file and clean it up for use with Mastercam. We show several ways of using a Solidworks file to get your profiles. If you dont know how to get the geometry right, you'll never get the right toolpath.

This cd will be good for a new user and any one that has been using Mastercam for a while. Everyone thinks they know Mastercam until you start showing them some of the tricks. All it takes is 1 or 2 tricks and you could save 100's of hours in programming time per year. The next CD will get into C axis, Y axis, Face Contour, Cross Contour and more advanced work.

Mike Mattera

The focus of this CD is the core concepts for Mastercam Lathe. Rough, Finish, Groove, Face, Thread & Cut off. I could probably do a whole CD just on Groove. But the idea is to give a complete understanding of the important "core" lathe functionality. These are this things you have to know before moving on to Multi-axis lathe functionality.

Most people that want to purchase my CD's will ask questions about the geometry input. "does it show me how to use DWG/DXF files" or "does it show how to use Solidworks files". This is the other focus of the Cd. How to deal with different geometry types, as well as drawing in Mastercam for use on a lathe. We show you how to bring in a DXF file and clean it up for use with Mastercam. We show several ways of using a Solidworks file to get your profiles. If you dont know how to get the geometry right, you'll never get the right toolpath.

This cd will be good for a new user and any one that has been using Mastercam for a while. Everyone thinks they know Mastercam until you start showing them some of the tricks. All it takes is 1 or 2 tricks and you could save 100's of hours in programming time per year. The next CD will get into C axis, Y axis, Face Contour, Cross Contour and more advanced work.

Mike Mattera
    This covers a lot of ground material Mike. Just how many CD's are you planning to make....5??

That is a lot of time. Beats reading the books and not understanding the material until the third read through.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Like anything Toby, those things are not that hard...... when you know how to do them.

I should be able to get all of that onto 1 more CD. That's the plan any way.

I was thinking of one on Solid Modeling. Would anyone be interested in that?

Mike Mattera

Like anything Toby, those things are not that hard...... when you know how to do them.

I should be able to get all of that onto 1 more CD. That's the plan any way.

I was thinking of one on Solid Modeling. Would anyone be interested in that?

Mike Mattera
    Solid Modeling for Lathe Parts......Multi-Tasking Lathe Parts??????

If there is time over Xmas Weekend I just might get some MCX practice at a friends shop around the corner. He has Level 3 Mill with Solids, but I'm not to sure about Lathe. I'll have to check. I just might buy your videos for an Xmas present for him.

BTW: I always see things I like. But can't aways have them. Like the Demo of X2 that the local reseller was supposed to send. It still isn't here yet. Bummer
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com