588,289 active members*
5,767 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > OneCNC > New OneCNC Book.

New OneCNC Book.

A new OneCNC Book has just been released.

It was written by a third party with authorization from Onecnc.

It includes practical examples and tips and tricks.

Plus a complete rundown of all the function and wizards.

About 400 pages.

Here is the link:

http://www.f1help.biz/ccp51/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Is it XR compatible

I was wondering if I am going to be getting the new XR version. Will this book be of help. Is the steps between XP and XR simmiler.

Hi Fabric8r,

Yes, XP and XR are similar, so the book will not be wasted. From what we have seen of online previews, XR will actually surpass XP considerably, in ease of use. This in itself will make OneCNC XR easier to pick up, even if you're a typical user who doesn't read the help or do the tutorials.

Many of the new features in XR seem to have been developed based on the user feedback on XP, which showed which areas the users had the most difficulty with. Some issues which XP users struggled with, will never even cross your mind when using XR, because of all the work that has been done in the meantime.

However, last word I heard from the author of the Mastering OneCNC book, was that she would review and write for XR when it is finally ready, too.

However, for newbies in particular to the world of cadcam, I believe the present book to be an invaluable resource to get you off on the right foot. There is no sense in being handicapped by lack of understanding when you own a licence to such cutting edge software.

XR is still in beta testing, but is very close to release. I won't say when, because I don't want to get my hands slapped
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)