587,303 active members*
3,816 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: new owner

new owner

i am a proud new owner of bobcad/cam v21. Any thing I should do prior to install or right after install to get the program to run best it can? I am using this in conjunction with my new mach 3 and the mach blue screen. Once again chad (cclark) is a great asset to the bobcad guys and remember when your in the area you got a shop and a cot. I am goign to be reviewing the bobwire this week and may purchase that and bobart. Do you think either one of these programs are worth it? I am just learnig how to use my edm and I want to be able to do artsy picts for the girl so whats your thoughts. Try to be unbiased please.

Quote Originally Posted by krymis
    . Try to be unbiased please.
    That impossible with Bobcad to be unbiases. Either people love it or hate it.
    I have Bobcad 21 and Bobart.
    Graphic cards and driver are the biggest issue for new installation. You may what to buy the training CD set. It worth the cost just in the time it takes to learn. If you want PM me with your e-mail address and I can send some Bobcad/Bobart file to you to play around with. You will find a lot of user that will take the time to help you. Also BBC has there own support forum site here a link http://216.117.147.20/bobcadsupport/forums/index.php

I also have BCC ver21 and Bobart. Bobart is some cool stuff. Just like Mike said get the training CDs. It will save you some time.

i got the training cds and the manuals with the order. If you want to send the you can send them to krymis(at)peoplepc(dot)com

krymis, What is the "mach blue screen"?

--Colin--

Quote Originally Posted by --colin--
    krymis, What is the "mach blue screen"?

--Colin--
    Two gentlemen located on the mach forums and at
    http://www.cnc-builder.co.uk/insomniax/

created a few colored screens for the mach3 software.

I have also just purchased this version 21 and my pc. can not handle it.
    I need to switch to a more powerfull pc. As australia has **** ghz2.8 computers and nothing over 1.6ghz lap top unless your going to pay up to $3500 i have just imported a lap top from america.3.8 ghz hiper threading.
    for only $980 u.s or be at $1374 aussie. Heres my problem ive been trying to contact bobcad-cam for a week and no response so that i can switch bobcad wrights over to a new computer.

Can this happen, Has enyone had this problem before me.

Jason down under.

I forget the time differences sometimes, but you can handle it. You will need to email [email protected]. Give them a time and date that you will be available, give them a day or so to make the arrangements for someone to be at the office to register your system. Support closes at 6PM EST and being in Australia you may not get in until they leave and are still sleeping when they arrive at 8AM...remember [email protected] just give them a time frame and they will work it out.

Regards

Top job
    Thanks the one. I e-mailed after 1.30 last night and got threw at yank time 8.30 in the morning, and of course theres nothing but help from bobcad-cam.
    thanks mate.

jason down under.

What time do you get in to the computer in the morning? Also, when do you normally leave?
    Like I said, I am real bad about time zones so if you could give it to me in 'yank time' that would be great.

Regards

Proven BCC Support 10 fold over the Compitition:cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

The one
    Let s say when you get up i go to bed.
    at about 12.00 midnight aussy time its about 8.00 yank morning.
    and remember we are a day in front of you.
    Thats right its friday.

jason down under
    The Boeing 787 wing machinist.

OK, I got it. When do you get into the Shop or when is the best time for you to be contacted in regards to the password? Also, I need to know the company name so that I can find your number.

Regards

Setup those program setting like tolerance and snaps. Those are the things that will get you going the fastest.

Then play,play,play,play.

Quote Originally Posted by tjones View Post
    Setup those program setting like tolerance and snaps. Those are the things that will get you going the fastest.

Then play,play,play,play.

That is the way I do it. Great minds Think Alike:banana:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Jason,

Are you in the shop?

Regards