588,687 active members*
6,178 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New plasma cutter ( Even cuts concrete )

Has any one ever tried this plasma cutter b4?

http://www.multiplaz.com/about.php

Being outside the square !!!

Boy! If it lives up to its hype, this would be an ideal machine for my uses!
    I wonder if it could be set up with a CNC control?

I have requested to do a review on this product. I hope they will accept this request. This way we will all know if it will suit a CNC set up.

In the scheme of things I dont think $1800 US is too bad. Especially when you compare it to conventional laser and plasma cutters.
    Being outside the square !!!

It looks cool and everything but is it as good as they claim it to be with that little power. I wonder what kind of thickness it can cut and at what speed. If it works as well as a plasma sign me up for one.

I agree that this looks good and if it can be proven to work like they say, and made cnc, it's gonna be thehottest thing in plasma in long time. Benny I see you finally got you name right, but if you hadn't noticed, it's running in circles!

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Looks like it says that the thickness max is 7mm, "width of steel cut 7mm", but that doesn't make sense, if it can cut through bricks which are much thicker. I know that brick is softer than steel, but when you are dealing with water, it just takes time.
    Stop talking about it and do it already!!!!!

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Ok,
    That Is an amazing tool, I was getting ready myself to buy a plasma torch, but if this tool is at all affordable, it's a much cleaner, safer, and apparantly less power intensive tool! Just incredible! Has anyone else asked the dealers how much one of these gems cost?

Buy it now for $1200.00 on ebay! Looks like im using plasma! sigh

That cutter looks really nice!

As an alternative, the Italian company Helvi produces a range of small plasma's with reasonable prices. I'm using their products and I'm very pleased with the performance. Their web site is not updated and doesn't match their product range, but as the salesman told me, "We're producing weld units, not web sites..."
    http://www.helvi.it/eng/taglio.htm

The Swedish agency has some nice info in a pdf, in Swedish though but you'll probably get the figures.
    http://www.drift-underhall.se/doc/Plasmamaskiner.pdf
    http://www.drift-underhall.se/broschyrer.asp

Cheers,
    Sven

Regarding this MultiPlaz cutter;
    Does anyone have any information on its ignition system?

Spark gap ignition as found on older plasma cutters can fry CNC electronics.
    It is a necessity for a CNCable Plasma torch to be electrically triggerable on and off, either by TTL, Solenoid, or Relay. Does this even have this ability?

Thanks, Tim
    TT

I am sensing some bending of the truth going on here!

I haven't read through the entire article, but...

The idea of this torch seems remarkably close to that of a Brown's or Rhode's Gas generator.

Brown's gas is, essentially, water. You take a container full of water and then hydrolyse, or disassociate, it using a series of charged plates. The result is a two to one mixture of hydrogen to oxygen in gaseous form.

When you ignite the mixture it burns and produces nothing other than heat and water, in the form of moisture. Just like an oxy hydrogen torch. Because the initial gaseous components that go into the torch only form water on leaving, the flame is thought of as imploding on it's self, rather than exploding.

I watched a promotional video on a Brown's gas generator for welding torches.

First of all, the generator was being sold by some kind of new world green store. It was a long time ago, but, for some reason, I'm getting memories of similar discussions on free energy coming to me. And how to become rich by harvesting the free energy in the air around us.

The guys advertising it were making out that it was the very ultimate in welding technology. That the flame would barely burn human skin, but could simultaneously sublime Tungsten.

An interesting trait that doesn't see any use in school chemistry labs.

Oxy hydrogen torches burn at around 2800 Celsius. Oxy acetylene burns around 3315 Celsius. So the oxy hydrogen flame isn't really hot enough to work steels with correctly. Also, it is quite likely to contain a lot of free hydrogen. When the super hot hydrogen comes into contact with the steel, it will dissolve into it's structure and damage it's mechanical properties.

The only thing these guys have going for them is that the flame is genuinely very clean in terms of enviromental damage.

The gas is also generated on site, when needed. The generator just plugs into the mains, you fill it up with filtered water and wait a few minutes. If the stored gas becomes unstable or ignites in the generator, all you hear is a ping noise as the water pulls a vacuum in the chamber; think about filling a flask with steam and then dropping it into cold water.

As such, these generators usually end up in glass blowing plants for heating the glass and jewelers for working with very tiny pieces of work. I have even seen two of the generators for sale in the Rio Grande jeweler's supply catalog. They have torch nozzles that look like syringe blades, ranging from perhaps 2mm to less than 1mm.

There is another idea I've read about called an Atomic Hydrogen Torch. Here the hydrogen is split into two single atoms, instead of a molecule, by an electrical discharge. The hydrogen is highly unstable in this radical form, and recombines very soon after. When it does, it gives the energy back out that was used to split it in the electrical discharge. This, supposidely, produces a flame at something around 3700 Celsius. This is also called plasma cutting.

The only case I know of where water may be the ultimate power source here on Earth is in a fusion reactor. There are teams of the best physicists alive spending billions of dollars trying to get hydrogen fusion reactors going. The reactors require truely insane amounts of power and magnetic management - super conducting coils a few metres in diameter are perfectly normal for use in the reactors. There is no way that kind of energy could be built into a hand held torch at this point in time.

Whenever you find something like this, you just have to ask a really simple question. If it's so great, why isn't industry already using it?

These guys wouldn't be selling one or two for $2000 to a few guys who'll use it at home if they could sell ten thousand of them at $5000 to an industrial market.

You should be very careful around anything suggesting it releases 'The power of water!'

Doesn't "burn" anything.

This torch does not come close to what you're talking about here, like the browns or jones things you mention. This machine turns water into Plasma, not hydrogen, oxygen, or a combination thereof. Plasma is a low-density, high temperature, charged gas. It is not burning hydrogen or oxygen, but actually a highly charged state of "water", which is in it's plasma state. Plasma's temperature is roughly 14,000 degrees farenheit. The torch can turn water into plasma without needing oxygen, using a high frequency cathode/anode setup, powered by a high frequency, high current power supply.

[QUOTE=Johnuk]I am sensing some bending of the truth going on here!

I haven't read through the entire article, but...

The idea of this torch seems remarkably close to that of a Brown's or Rhode's Gas generator.

This torch claims 14,432 degrees ferenheit.....WOW. But this guy also sells car parts and gun manuals. Interesting..I wonder if he is X-military

We have a dealer near my shop in MN!>?!!?!?

http://www.enviplaz.com/

When I get time I will scoot over there and get sopme hard info and maybe a test run!

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...616&RS=6087616

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...994&RS=6156994

Dang guy has 2 US patents!!

Their is a dealer here in MN...I will check this out to see if its true

Any more info on this topic?

is there any one using the MULTIPLAZ PLASMA ? i'm about to buy one of them.
    does worth the money ?

rude comments deleted by moderator