587,939 active members*
3,360 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Plasma, EDM / Other similar machine Project Log > New small plasma table nearing completion, got a few questions...

New small plasma table nearing completion, got a few questions...

My small (nominal 2'x3' work area) plasma table build is nearing completion, at least functional completion and I have a few questions for the gang.

- I'm doing a water table (fully enclosed machine too), what are my coolant options? I've read about the Plasma Quench product (and issues with the company), I read somewhere about a Zep product that someone recommended as an alternate, but can't find that post and the Zep site doesn't list anything likely. Due to the small table size my coolant need is about 30gal.

- I know a number of folks are in the DFW area, can you point me to the best source for sheetmetal in mild steel and stainless?

Thanks,

Pete C.

PS: I'll post some pics eventually.

Trident in Richardson

TOM CAUDLE
    www.CandCNC.com

I have in my table the soluble oil used in the lathes and millings to refrigerate the cutting tool. As the air pressure blows the liquid against the plate and away from the flame, it is safe, no toxics flying...

Ah! forgot to say the most important thing, no rust at all..

Quote Originally Posted by lamicron View Post
    Ah! forgot to say the most important thing, no rust at all..
    Ive also been looking at this, what sort of concentration do you use?

Thanks

matt

I've got soluble oil coolant on hand, but I'm a bit afraid to try that as it would be a nightmare to try to clean out if I don't like it.

I'm at the not-so-fun stage of taking things apart for painting at the moment. Hopefully the paint will be dry and I'll be at final assembly soon.

Has anyone ordered the Plasma Quench product recently without issues? Are there any stocking distributors in the DFW area? The Palsma Quench and parent Koal sites leave a lot to be desired.

I truly had a hassle getting a 5 gal. container of Plasma Quench. I will not buy from them again and do not reccomend them to anyone. The only way I finally got product was to get in touch with a company director multiple times. Do a search about plasma quench in here and you will find some alternative products.