587,771 active members*
3,011 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Newbie with LS3020

Hi Folks :wave:

Just ordered an LS3020 and have what will probably be the 1st of many dumb questions while learning the ropes over the next week or so.

I've been working with Photoshop for years and although not familiar with Vectors and Rastors I'm fairly on the ball with the software so a few other functions shouldn't tax the brain too much. Is it best to stick with Photoshop being I know that reasonably well or learn to use CorelDraw.

Water do I need distilled or regular tap water, sure I've seen both mentioned.

I've ordered a few sheets of 1.5mm engraving laminate to mess about with, initially just looking to do text and cutting squares to keep things basic to start with.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Industrial lasers use de-ionised or distilled water in the cooling system.

I guess normal water would leave deposits of scale inside the system. Although you may be able to get something to treat normal water. Not sure

Hope this helps. :-)

Photoshop wont work. It has to be a vector drawing programme that outputs dxf files like coreldraw or inkscape etc
    And it has to be distilled water (from a chemist in the uk usually) otherwise the impurities will affect the components the laser tube.

Quote Originally Posted by WastedHippy View Post
    Hi Folks :wave:

Just ordered an LS3020 and have what will probably be the 1st of many dumb questions while learning the ropes over the next week or so.

I've been working with Photoshop for years and although not familiar with Vectors and Rastors I'm fairly on the ball with the software so a few other functions shouldn't tax the brain too much. Is it best to stick with Photoshop being I know that reasonably well or learn to use CorelDraw.

Water do I need distilled or regular tap water, sure I've seen both mentioned.

I've ordered a few sheets of 1.5mm engraving laminate to mess about with, initially just looking to do text and cutting squares to keep things basic to start with.

Thanks in advance

Paul
    rabbit / ls3040