588,624 active members*
5,498 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: News

News

What's new? How about some news!!! This forum is dead.

We had a WorkNC forum for a while. There was almost no traffic, and one day it was gone. This may happen here too. I'm afraid Hypermill and WorkNC, as good as they are, are not popular here.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

There really is no way to get information from Open Mind unless you speak their language and can partake in their European forums. Open Mind does such a pore job of marketing on the Internet that I figured there would be people just starved for information and the exchange of ideas through a forum like this. I guessed wrong. I do not know if it failed because there are too few English speaking users or if the users just do not know about this forum. I myself have searched for years for people to talk to about Hypermill.

Open Mind changed several things in the release 9 software. Two of the biggest are how you invoke the computing process and how you invoke the post processor. They made a big negative and positive impact in the way the software is used. Surely this is worth discussion! No? Anybody?

Dave

Activity

Yes, I was hoping for more communication and insight from the users here.

It is hard to say if the low volume of activity is due to [a] customer communication preferences, [b] number of OPEN MIND customers, or [c] proper user match with this forum ... that has a bias toward hobbyists and do-it-yourselfers.

Let's try to keep it moving and see if there may be another home as well.

There lots of general traffic on mmsonline, but the quality of dialog is fairly poor.

Have you or Doug contacted the users and alerted them to this forum? I am sure you did but you have got to figure that if that does not work, nothing will. Were the UK users notified of this forum too?

You are right, on mmsonline they only talk abut what kinds of CAM packages are available. They say nothing about the details of using the software. It is not going to change over there either because they have to share the forum with all the different CAM users.

I do not see how the hobbyist dribble in other CNCzone forums would affect a professional user here in our Hypermill forum. They may however see that there is little here yet.

Maybe we need to add some significant content to get this started.

Dave

I have two topics that I would like to see covered. I will start up a couple threads and pose the questions. And I will try to answer them as well but I will need some help.

One thread concerns the feature recognition and the other concerns the process for creating the gcode file.

Cheers
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Alan L View Post
    It is hard to say if the low volume of activity is due to [a] customer communication preferences, [b] number of OPEN MIND customers, or [c] proper user match with this forum ... that has a bias toward hobbyists and do-it-yourselfers.
    I think your right on - How many hobbyist buy 12K software?

Want to help.

Quote Originally Posted by single phase View Post
    There really is no way to get information from Open Mind unless you speak their language and can partake in their European forums. Open Mind does such a pore job of marketing on the Internet that I figured there would be people just starved for information and the exchange of ideas through a forum like this. I guessed wrong. I do not know if it failed because there are too few English speaking users or if the users just do not know about this forum. I myself have searched for years for people to talk to about Hypermill.

Open Mind changed several things in the release 9 software. Two of the biggest are how you invoke the computing process and how you invoke the post processor. They made a big negative and positive impact in the way the software is used. Surely this is worth discussion! No? Anybody?

Dave

Hi
    Hope I can help you.
    I´m René living in Denmark, used Hypermill for 2 years.
    We learn German in school, so don´t have any problems talking whit openmind support.

But i can´t understand your question,maybe because I don't now what "invoke" means...

Please try again, in a simpler way, thank you

Regards René

Jacktak

Invoke means to start or run or initiate.

Thanks for the help. We need people to talk to on your side of the pond.

As for asking my questions in a simple way I am not sure I can. Have you read some of my other posts here?

Do you know of any Hypermill forums in German?

Dave

Angry

Jacktak

Invoke means to start or run or initiate.

Thanks for the help. We need people to talk to on your side of the pond.

As for asking my questions in a simple way I am not sure I can. Have you read some of my other posts here?

Do you know of any Hypermill forums in German?

Dave
    Hey i think my technical English is very bad...

I don´t understand or recognize your problem at all...

From your other post about the feature recognition, i also have serial problems some times, special shrink holes makes me

But again I don´t recognize the problems whit gcode file.

No forum links....sorry

Make some examples, or Attach some Files....

There really is no way to get information from Open Mind unless you speak their language and can partake in their European forums. Open Mind does such a pore job of marketing on the Internet that I figured there would be people just starved for information and the exchange of ideas through a forum like this. . . .
    I think it is necessary for me to clarify something here. I was NOT talking about the OM-US people. The Open Mind US branch of people and services is outstanding. If you call or email them you will get nothing but first rate service. They can fix most any problem you may have and they can make any kind of PP customizations you may need. From my perspective they have come a long way in the past few years.

What I was talking about was the Internet. IMO, OM lacks Internet presence in the US. Except for this forum (which is now starting to grow nicely) they have little. Their European website is available in English but it does not give enough information for a new prospective user to decide if further research into OM products is warranted.

OM products are so much better than the competition that it is not even a contest in many areas, especially usability and efficiency. But how would an outsider know? Now days people do their initial research on the web.

Al and Doug, I am sorry I did not make this clear the first time around. You know I love you guys. (group)

Cheers
    Dave