587,477 active members*
3,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > nm200 estop not working

nm200 estop not working

so my mill has been in "limp" mode for several months waiting for parts from novakon. by "limp" mode i mean i have been running with no limit switches as the BOB was screwed up for the second time, so they were disconnected waiting for the new BOB and replacement limit harnesses(the coolant messes my harnesses up regularly) anyway, i have been running this way for several months with no problems, actually the longest stretch of problem free machining i have ever done with this machine. a few weeks ago i noticed it didnt estop when i opened the door for a tool change. i thought, weird, and kept going. then it randomly estopped in the middle of a cycle. i started it over at the beginning and it went past that spot no problem. this happened a few more times over the weeks, and still no estop on tool changes. i thought maybe it was related to the BOB, so i waited for the new one. put it in last night, all limit switches now work correctly, but still no estop. i checked the switch and door switch for continuity and they both have continuity until pushed(released for the door) i chased the continuity to the back of the mill, so it seems fine there, but not sure what is happening back there at the relay. any help is appreciated. thanks

also, it will estop when i click the reset button on the screen, but not when i click the stop button. i always thought it did estop when clicking stop, but honestly can not remember for sure. i will run a program this morning and try clicking stop to see if it at least does stop the program. i checked settings in mach, and estop is still enabled??? i noticed there is a jumper wire on the BOB that goes from pin 10 on the input side(estop pin) to the output side, and it has a capacitor inline(green wire about 8" long). could this capacitor have burned out? keeping the controller up and running is like painting a bridge on this thing!!!

According to Khai, seen at NAMES, the door switch is not active as it turned out to be a PITA.

My estop switch and limit switches haven't worked for months, likely because of the same BOB malfunction (don't have a new board yet). I tested continuity all the way to the end of the cable, so it's clearly inside the CD100.

Stop key in Mach3 is not the same as estop, as you don't have to hit reset to resume. AFAIK, the s Mach3 stop is equivalent to feed hold + spindle stop.

the door switch on my machine had been active all the way until a few weeks ago. my machine is one of the last 4000rpm machines before the new version came out. your problem sounds similar to mine. i have had the issue before, and replaced the BOB and it fixed the limit switch problem, but the estop is a new issue. thanks for clarifying the stop function, i think i just suspect everything at this point as i am tired of the constant failures. every time i think i have this thing working well something else goes out on it. time for the sharp 2412s!

anyone willing to take a look at there wiring on the BOB and tell me whats going on at pin 10 on the inputs? mine has a white wire, which i traced as one of the estop wires, as well as a green wire with capacitor that goes to gnd on the output side. the other wire from the estop switch ties into the blue wires of the limit switches, and goes to gnd on the BOB output side right next to the 5v/EN jumper. this matches nothing i have found on here or cnc4pc???? better yet post a pic of your BOB wiring if you can.