587,997 active members*
1,924 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > OfficeMill (OM2A) lube system issue

OfficeMill (OM2A) lube system issue

Hello All,
    I have an '06 OM2A which came with the electric auto lube system. The grease lines in this are only 5/32" tubing from the pump branching out to about 30 or so different spots. The line clogs easily and without notice, which is why newer models apparently come with some larger tubing to some of the early branch points (still a bit iffy). I am waiting to hear from Haas (my dealer) what the easiest fix is, but curious if anyone out there has been through this and could share their experience.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Clogs at the end of the lines or is there debris getting in the oil clogging it? Ive seen some very small oil lines on lots of really old machines and they were all working fine.

Hi Tennessee,
    Clogged right after the pump (beginning of network). Which means to me it could be clogged other places pretty easily and how would I know? If you do the recommended pump grease in directly with grease gun, line bursts immediately. If it were oil, I could see it working alright, but it's grease (Mobilux EP2, not thick, but not thin either) and that's a lot to ask of a dainty little polyethylene (?) line.

Extra extra-
    Just got quote from my distributor (Selway)- $12,000 for them to do upgrade to larger lines! Yeah right. I ordered new lines and fittings from Mcmaster and will figure out for myself. I am curious though if I could get by with thinner grease. Any thoughts?

Looks like your not the only one. Check out post 20 might be some help. Good luck!

New Haas Machines and Grease vs Way oil??? - eMastercam.com

If you have to re-plumb the entire system why not upgrade to a Lube LHL system.

LUBE Hybrid Lubricant LHL

It's a hybrid lube with all the advantages of grease and oil.

Re: OfficeMill (OM2A) lube system issue

I also have an om2 and think I have an issue with the grease system. Mine is an 07 model that I purchased used. It sounds like I bought the machine described in the emastercam link Tennessee posted. It's an 07 model that came from an optical lense manufacturer. My machine has 1/4" of lines up to certain points but very small lines where it branches out. I took the covers off to clean under the way covers and found gobs of grease around the Z axis but none around the X or Y.

Slideleft, How did your modification turn out? Any tips you can give me?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk